Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Superclam said:

#3 is the one I'm looking forward too the most, so by definition it will be the most disappointing

Even at her baldest, dirt and grime ridden worst, Sam Morton never looked as rough as she is currently, if the show is half as rough we’re in trouble. I was holding out hope for the Anthony Edwards offering, yet after hearing of the skull catchers / collectors or whatever the hell they were I’m not so sure. I’ve already forgotten the subjects of the last two shows, it’s not boding well 😂

Maybe I was rather harsh on No2, my main problem with the six episode run is what can they possibly hope to show in 45 minutes? Maybe they tried the ‘comedy’ route because they also realised that 45 minutes wasn’t near long enough to produce anything meaningful to anybody. I suppose as a, give it a go what can we lose exercise it deserved some merit, it’s just not what I was hoping for which led to my disappointment. One down, five more to go for me, it’ll be a laugh whichever way things go 😁

Watch the Tales of the Walking Dead Premiere Online for Free

“The first episode of Tales of the Walking Dead will stream for free on YouTube. AMC Networks is making the series premiere of the new Walking Dead anthology show available to watch online, giving fans a complimentary preview of the first of six standalone episodes that aired August 14 on the AMC channel. If you missed it — or if you don't have a subscription to AMC+, where "Evie/Joe" is streaming now on-demand — the first full episode of Tales of the Walking Dead will go live on AMC's official YouTube channel on Thursday, August 18 at 12 pm PT/3 pm ET.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/tales-of-the-walking-dead-episode-1-watch-online-youtube-terry-crews-olivia-munn-amc/

On 8/18/2022 at 1:47 PM, Superclam said:

Translation: Please watch!! Please!! 

If  the ‘show’s’ desperate plea was coupled with a Complimentary delivery of Pizza or fried chicken whilst you watch, I could see the show being a roaring success 😛

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

A zombie murder mystery and a supernatural thriller are the new tales still to tell on Tales of the Walking Dead. 

AMC describes "Davon": "Within the walls of a protected community in Madawaska, Maine, an outsider named Davon (Usher) suddenly wakes up with no memory of how he got there. With blood on his hands, Davon must piece together flashes of his life while being hunted by the French-speaking locals seeking justice to a murder Davon does not remember, let alone believes he could have committed." 

Reads the description for "La Doña": "Idalia (Pineda) and Eric (Ramirez) are a young, traumatized couple in desperate need of a safe haven. The two discover a secluded house otherwise known as La Doña Alma's home, where unexplainable sinister events begin to occur. Idalia and Eric must find a way forward or risk being rooted in death forever." 

A who done it and a spook fest to end this so far underwhelming WD off shoot, let’s see what they can come up with for the final two. Are they seriously contemplating a further season of “tales”? 

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/tales-of-the-walking-dead-season-1-episode-5-episode-6-synopsis-jessie-t-usher-danny-ramirez/

Edited by OoohMaggie
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Are they seriously contemplating a further season of “tales”? 

Purely a guess on my part, but I’d expect an episode of TOTWD is a LOT easier to crank out than an episode of the mothership; if TWD was an epic novel, then TOTWD is a collection of short stories - meaning no convoluted plot lines to weave through multiple episodes.  Might even be cheaper, because TPTB don’t have to maintain such heavy staff writer overheard - it wouldn’t even necessarily surprise me overmuch if some of these story lines are basically fleshed-out fanfic fare.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Summer TV Winners & Losers: Epic Fantasy, Late-Night Diversity, Marvel, OMITB, The Boys, The Bear and More
By Team TVLine / September 5 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/summer-tv-winners-losers-best-worst-shows-decisions/ 

👎 LOSER: Tales of the Walking Dead
AMC’s third Walking Dead spinoff sounded like so much fun. Guest stars! Standalone episodes! Varying tones! But without continuing stories in which viewers can invest, or even new themes to explore, the show has felt like a series of pit stops on a road to nowhere.

Edited by tv echo
  • Sad 1

On a shallow note, I'd like to see Daniella Pineda again, but I can just look at her instagram. 

Story-wise, I'd like to see the rest of the Alpha story, how she took over the Whisperers. 

If they had one scene where they run into Terry Crews, that would be a cool Easter egg. 

The Anthony Edwards one was the best one, but I don't see a need for them to take that story further. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Superclam said:

Story-wise, I'd like to see the rest of the Alpha story, how she took over the Whisperers. 

Agreed, if they’d have dedicated at least three if not the whole six episodes to Alpha it would have been a great watch, I still haven’t seen the last one but the Anthony Edwards offering is by far the best of the five I’ve seen.