Type keyword(s) to search

[NOT A BUG] Random large text in posts

SoMuchTV

This is absolutely not an end-of-the-world show stopper, but odd.  Over the last few weeks I've been noticing random posts where a portion of the text is extra large.  It doesn't appear that the poster has done it for emphasis; I'm not even sure how one would do it.  Is it some kind of ctrl/key combination (like ctrl/B for bold) that may have happened by accident?

This is an example (you have to actually follow the link to the full post to see what I'm talking about):

And this is an example where text in the quote box is extra large, but the original post that was quoted was "normal".  Again, you have to follow the link; you can't see what I'm talking about here:

Anyway, like I say, not a huge deal, but odd...

@SoMuchTV Bringing your post in here.

I don't seem to have a reply option on this thread, but I'm seeing it in Edge on a Win10 pc.  I just checked from my iPhone and see the same thing.  You did follow the links, right?  You can't see the issue in the part it displayed in my post.

This is a screenshot from the pc:

image.thumb.png.f4a380d334ce420cefddec527dfee889.png

Yes, I looked at the links you provided and I cannot reproduce. If you continue to encounter this please report it in here so I'm aware of the frequency. Thanks.

• Useful 1

FYI, this also happens for me.  I believe it started when I switched to IPS Default theme, so I figured that was the reason.  However, using that theme is totally worth having some ginormous type appear from time to time. 

• Useful 1

I clicked on the two linked posts, and I see them the way @SoMuchTV does.  That used to happen a fair bit randomly across the site, but I hardly ever come across it anymore.  Anyway, I'm viewing with Firefox (whatever the latest version is) on Windows 7 Pro.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Bastet said:

I clicked on the two linked posts, and I see them the way @SoMuchTV does.  That used to happen a fair bit randomly across the site, but I hardly ever come across it anymore.  Anyway, I'm viewing with Firefox (whatever the latest version is) on Windows 7 Pro.

Now that you mention it, there used to be one particular poster who, whenever they quoted someone, the quote was in large font. It didn’t seem like something they were doing on purpose.  This was back before the major maintenance changes a couple months ago.  I still see that user posting and the fonts are normal now. Now, it seems completely random, not related to a particular user. And it’s usually only a portion of the post.

@SilverStormmif it would be helpful I can pm you the username where I was seeing it before, but I doubt if that would be useful now.

Now I’m just curious, since I see that others are seeing it too. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
On 7/24/2021 at 12:36 AM, SoMuchTV said:

Now that you mention it, there used to be one particular poster who, whenever they quoted someone, the quote was in large font. It didn’t seem like something they were doing on purpose.  This was back before the major maintenance changes a couple months ago.  I still see that user posting and the fonts are normal now. Now, it seems completely random, not related to a particular user. And it’s usually only a portion of the post.

@SilverStormmif it would be helpful I can pm you the username where I was seeing it before, but I doubt if that would be useful now.

Now I’m just curious, since I see that others are seeing it too. 

No that's okay thanks. Just keep me in the loop whenever it occurs.

I'm seeing something every day or so.  Below are a few I saved the links for.  

And I'm using the IPS Default theme.  I tried switching to the Light Default for one of the links, and the large print was gone.  So maybe it is tied to the theme?  But I'm not concerned enough to switch back to Light Default.  For me, IPS Default is a much superior experience.

7/25:
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/117891-physical/?do=findComment&comment=6912257

7/27:
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/114756-crime-scene-the-vanishing-at-cecil-hotel/?do=findComment&comment=6917466

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/120547-history-of-the-sitcom/?do=findComment&comment=6919852

• Love 1

Not sure if anyone's still looking into this but here's a recent example:

But to me it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.4ec62208e399358b10346b198705d781.png

And again, it's only happening in the "IPS Default" theme.  I'd say I see it a couple times a day, maybe more.  

After some investigation, it appears that this can happen if someone copies some forum text while viewing the light/dark theme and then either switches to the default IPS theme or switches to another browser tab that has that theme in use. Basically, it is a glitch that occurs as a result of someone switching themes and stuff getting carried over along the way. We could only prevent this ever occurring by preventing members from using the IPS default theme. 

• Useful 1