Type keyword(s) to search

Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim (202?)

Anduin
  • Start Topic

A Lord of the Rings prequel anime, directed by Kenji Kamiyama and written by Jeffrey Addiss and Will Matthews. It will focus on the Rohirrim leader Helm Hammerhand. Who is Helm? Who are the Rohirrim? For the laypeople, not the obsessed types like myself, he's a historical king who kicked the barbarian Dunlendings out of Rohan and built the great fortress we see besieged in The Two Towers. The Rohirrim are the Anglo-Saxon inspired culture we see in TTT and Return of the King. Their most prominent member was Éomer, played by Karl Urban.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope it's good, because I'll be seeing it no matter what.

So this is relevant here. WB renews their rights to make new Lord of the Rings movies, and plans to do so. If anyone is going to produce new Tolkien content, I'd like everything under one roof. But since that isn't going to happen, it's very much a wait and see situation. I mean, consider the Hobbit movies. That isn't a big vote of confidence. OTOH, maybe they've learned their lesson about meddling. I'm going to try and keep an open mind at this point.

Oh, and it looks like War of the Rohirrim will come out in 2024.