Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E17: Top 12 Results

• Start Topic

I'm really enjoying that Harry's constant advice/criticism is "you need to learn to sing in tune" like I can't even believe someone has to say that but there it is. I feel like a lot of these people have forgotten the main goal of singing is to be in tune. I'm not sad about the vote off this week, I don't necessarily thing that hers was the WORST of the performances from performance night but it was certainly not good. JLo only liked it because it was her song. Also singing a JLo song badly? JLo can barely sing so it should be pretty easy to best her. 

• Love 1

"TRY to sing in tune" is how he always phrases it...as though perhaps they can't. Something about that is so touching to me. "Think about attempting not to suck." 

Pleased to see his hair dye seems to have rinsed down a few notches. Last week was scary.

• Love 2

You're right! It is TRY and you're also right in that's what makes it so great. Husband and I kept pausing and laughing about it every time he said it. He's the only reason I'm watching and I'm pretty happy with him. 

I'm just glad they finally have a judge who seems to actually know something about music and singing after years of me yelling at the television, "She's sharp! Am I the only one who can hear this? It's terrible!" I don't have perfect pitch by any means but even I can tell when something is out of tune.

• Love 2

Yeah, and that advice a few weeks ago from Harry about being either on the front side or the back side of the beat (he called it something else, I can't remember--groove?) is a phenomenon I deal with all the time when leading musicians at my church (yes, I'm one of those).  I try to tell them that sometimes it's not about the actual tempo, it's about the energy with which you are executing the tempo, which I think is what Harry was trying to say with that.  So that was really nice.

Also, just in general--Can anyone see any of the doofuses winning this thing?  Normally by this point I've been able to pick out who the front runners are, and often can narrow down the final 3 or so.  But this season . . . I got nothin'.  I mean, Sam might go far on the young girl vote, but he doesn't seem charismatic enough (or, you know, good enough) to actually win.  One of the country guys I suppose might pick up a following (never underestimate the country vote on this show), but having two of them will split the block, I think.  Caleb is far and away my favorite, but the judges already seem down on him, so I don't know if he can hack it out to the finale, although I hope so.  I also like Ben, but  . . . ditto.

Who does that leave?  Jessica?  I guess?  I love MJ's voice, but I don't see her lasting more than another week or two. Malaya? Unlikely.  Her schtick is already wearing thin.  Majesty Rose?  Probably the best bet at the moment, although I have no idea why.