Type keyword(s) to search

Bake Off: The Professionals

• Start Topic

Bake Off: The Professionals Season 4 is now airing. Looks like they have a good crop of teams this year. Some of those desserts looked downright scrumptious!

I'm still upset they chose Liam to host this! He's like that awkward guy at the party who thinks he is amusing and entertaining when you are really just trying to get away from him! There were so many other more charismatic GBBO contestants to choose from! 

• Love 1

I like Liam! My primary reaction to the professionals version, though, is that if that's what professional pastry chefs do, I have absolutely no interest (and certainly no desire to be one, even in a daydream or something). Those construction challenges are just tedious, and I'm a lot less interested in super high-end finesse in identical individual desserts than in whether stuff tastes good. Give me the amateurs any day, even the celebrities who don't know what they're doing. So, I need the comic relief from Liam & Tom to stay even a little interested. Consider it a way to expand the audience, I suppose - some of us won't watch this one for the competition alone. As it is, I'll probably only last a few episodes.