Type keyword(s) to search

Julie and Caprice's Friendship

(edited)

Does anyone else find their close friendship strange?

Julie married into aristocracy and is therefore a lady, a tiny tiny minority of the population have a title and it's therefore a very priveliged position where you'd be expected to behave in a certain manner and be careful who you're friends with.

Caprice, the woman who's famous for getting naked on the covers of lads mags and selling underwear and not exactly the epitome of English upper class and grace.

How are these two so close? And even more importantly, why does Julie follow Caprice around like a little lap dog? Every time Caprice left an event, Julie had to go with her.

They didn't even attend Caroline's dinner together yet Julie had to leave with Caprice when she left early.

It just seems like such a bizarre pairing and Julie really needs to grow a backbone and stop acting like Caprice's carer.

Edited by British-nonsnob

Does anyone else find their close friendship strange?

Julie married into aristocracy and is therefore a lady, a tiny tiny minority of the population have a title and it's therefore a very priveliged position where you'd be expected to behave in a certain manner and be careful who you're friends with.

Caprice, the woman who's famous for getting naked on the covers of lads mags and selling underwear and not exactly the epitome of English upper class and grace.

How are these two so close? And even more importantly, why does Julie follow Caprice around like a little lap dog? Every time Caprice left an event, Julie had to go with her.

They didn't even attend Caroline's dinner together yet Julie had to leave with Caprice when she left early.

It just seems like such a bizarre pairing and Julie really needs to grow a backbone and stop acting like Caprice's carer.

I feel like Julie wanted to be on the show.  I'm not sure why she wasn't cast, but she is always around, and I remember her specifically suggesting that the girls all "get together" during the summer, or when Caprice comes back or something like that.  I wonder if the Sandwiches didn't want their daughter in law cast on the show, but were okay with her being a "friend"

I think Caprice inserted herself into the casting process or at least pretended to as it seems she was the first of the Americans cast (how that must have burned her to see her be labeled one of the Americans every time she was identified).  As awkward as she was (which probably had something to do with her being demoted to friend on the show -- plus her husband seeming to avoid cameras like they would steal his soul), Julie came off rather quickly as someone just as eager to be on television.  I strongly suspect that part of the allure for Julie, Caroline and Annabelle was that the show is a US one.  Even if it does air in the UK it then is a "foreign" show. Which has the oddest connotation it seems at least among some watching Brits I've found.  Somehow US reality trash is both more puerile and yet more detached for those involved in a slightly more positive way. 

I think a huge part of Caprice's attitude stemmed from Juliet and Caroline, and to a lesser degree Marissa, refusing to let Caprice play the Middle around which everyone was suppose to revolve and go through. 

It was interesting seeing how relaxed Julie was when she was around everyone else compared to playing Hecuba's handmaid to Annabelle and Caprice's little lapdog.