Type keyword(s) to search

Shadow in the Cloud (2021)

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

“While travelling with top-secret documents on a B-17 Flying Fortress, a female WWII pilot encounters an evil presence on board.”

So I think the premise had the potential to be a great suspenseful action movie.  Those early scenes with her trapped and hearing the horrible things being said over the intercom were really good.  I like that at moments I worried she was in danger from them and then at other points I wondered if she was the danger to them.  I was really getting into it and coming up with theories about what was in the box.  I wanted to know the symbolism behind the red and green colors.  The director made some interesting stylistic choices, and I loved the score even though the music was more 80s than 40s.  

But somewhere after I think 40 minutes it basically turns into a ridiculous live action cartoon.  It just gets more and more bonkers.  I realized that I just needed to turn my brain off.  

This movie was accidentally hilarious.  I laughed so hard. I had so much fun watching it.  It’s terrible in a way that is so entertaining.  I genuinely recommend watching it for a good time.  

This review really gets into how bananas the movie gets

• Love 2

I just finished watching this and really enjoyed it. It's undeniably ridiculous, but I was in the mood for a popcorn movie and this fit the bill. And at 80+ minutes, it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Also for such a bonkers movie, this has a weirdly generic title. I had to look it up a few times to remember what it was.

Edited by krankydoodle
  • Love 1