Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: I Want This Thing Out of My Head

• Start Topic

This show is about the 1% of the 1% in America, which is probably like 6 people. I can't even relate to their problems or situations. It seems like the richest man in America just kidnapped the woman who became his wife after the first date. He locked her in a cube and put a chip in her head to monitor her every movement. I find Hazel's treatment of Herringbone disturbing and not the least bit funny. I don't know how I am supposed to feel sympathetic to what Hazel is going through. It seems like Hazel should be able to renegotiate her life now that she has the chip implanted, so she can go out into the world and enjoy that vast fortune that she has. Byron would probably be happy just to watch her try new things and find out what truly makes her happy. Bryon can monitor her and guide/encourage her towards what makes her happy. I am pretty sure that I won't enjoy anything that happens in this series. I think focusing on the father and his sex doll would make a more compelling story, especially if it was a sex robot that could move and talk, now that could be a great comedy. "Wrong Port, Wrong Port, Wrong Port!!!!, I'm just kidding, give it to me Daddy!"

The whole story seems off because Hazel is not a willing participant and doesn't love Byron. It would be a way more compelling story if they were a normal couple who were in love and wanted to be as close as possible to each other and they get the matching chips. The trouble could come from knowing too much about what your significant other thinks or feels about every single situation. Does this dress make me look fat? Were you looking at another woman? Not tonight I have a headache. Let's go visit my parents. I think you will really like this movie. How did you like my cooking? It's your turn to do the dishes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

On 4/5/2021 at 6:18 PM, AnimeMania said:

It seems like Hazel should be able to renegotiate her life now that she has the chip implanted, so she can go out into the world and enjoy that vast fortune that she has. Byron would probably be happy just to watch her try new things and find out what truly makes her happy. Bryon can monitor her and guide/encourage her towards what makes her happy.

I don't agree with this part, but I liked your post, it made me think.  Very true about how this show is about the 1%.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay