Type keyword(s) to search

Original Comic Book Art

• Start Topic

(edited)

Anyone have any cool comic art, either original pages from actual comic books or custom art done by comic artists. This is probably one of my most prized possessions. It's the original page 6 of Black Panther Volume 3 issue 25.

0_IMG_20210302_084016.jpg

I bought it from the inker probably sometime around 2002. The cool thing is the penciler of that issue was also selling a bunch of art at the same time so I also have the original design sketch of the temple used on that page. It's the Wakandan Temple of Resurection.

0_IMG_20210302_084036_kindlephoto-514201398.thumb.jpg.a2e768047d6c3a4557c84ff65fc67a36.jpg

Edited by Kel Varnsen

Thanks to @Kel Varnsen for pointing me here. It's ate, so I'll be brief . . . I have a lot of sketches and commissions. Probably too many. Sometimes, I've posted them on appropriate threads here at Primetimer. It's good to know I have a place to share them.

This is my ComicArtFans page.  I wouldn't call my collection high-end, but I do have fun getting the sketches and commissions.

ETA: I recognize that page from Black Panther. Priest's run . . .  what I consider the best of T'Challa. Thinking about it, the only character I can think from that run that's in my collection is Achebe (and Daki) by Damion Scott.

Edited by Lantern7

That Achebe sketch is really cool. Too bad there is no more T'Challa in the MCU since the dynamic he had with the insane Achebe was great. 

I don't have anything like your collection but I do have a few other pieces. I have a page from West Coast Avengers. The condition is not great because it was in a cheap frame for a long time, then my dad found it and mailed it to me in a little poster tube. So the text bubbles fell off and I had to reglue them. It has a cool picture of Spider Woman in one of the panels though 

I also have like a draft sketch of the cover of Black Panther #19 with Everett K Ross on it. I think that was thrown in when I bought the sketch of the Temple of Resurrection.

And lastly if you have ever heard of the comic Queen and Country I have a custom sketch of the two main characters from the artist who did the first story that I got at a little convention in my hometown. My phone camera is broken but when it is working again I'll post some of these.