Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Violence is Futile

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

When I first started watching this show in Season 1, it truly was a guilty pleasure because the show had such low production quality, cheesy writing and two-dimensional characters. However, I can honestly say that this show has become much improved in its third season, with more complex storytelling, less annoying sfx, and mostly well-developed characters.

Gwynn is a perfect example. I really didn't like her in the first two seasons. I found her to be entitled and a bad ruler, who treated her friends like servants (esp. Talon and Janzo). But this season, she's evolved into a noble and self-sacrificing ruler and a good friend.

Gwynn's final scene with Talon before they made their 'final stand' against Yavalla, where they acknowledged their friendship, was one of the best scenes of this episode.

Talon has always been my favorite character on this show.  I never thought I would miss Gwynn, but I will.

I was surprised that Falista survived, but I think they've established that having a kinj will help keep you alive.

I was glad that Garret, Zed, Janzo, Wren and Munt also survived.

I thought this finale episode was exciting, tense-filled, and filled with touching moments. It also set up the next set of episodes nicely.

Edited by tv echo