Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Under Yavalla's Control

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Tobin returns to the Outpost with an army - and a secret. Talon presses for answers and a fight in the Throne Room ends in death, imprisonment and a new commander of the Outpost.

Airdate: November 5, 2020

I found this episode to be entertaining overall. I liked the ending where the entire Outpost (humans and Blackbloods) agreed to work together under Talon's leadership. However, I thought the human soldiers chanting "Talon! Talon! Talon" was a bit too much, considering Talon was believed to be a traitor who allied with the Blackbloods to enslave the humans earlier this season. Still, I always enjoy a good rally-the-troops speech. 

The Janzo-Wren scenes continue to be a highlight of this season, both in terms of the characters' awkward bonding and their comedic moments. I really like Wren and hope that the show keeps her for the remainder of the series.

During the fight to capture Yavalla, I wondered where Garret was, but then I realized that his being alive is still being kept a secret from the soldiers.

R.I.P. Sammy. By the way, Gwynn, if you want to blame anyone for his death, blame yourself. You're the one who infected him.

This episode also set up an easy fix to the infection - just figure out a way to kill one person, Yavalla, and all the infected people will be automatically freed. I suspect that the secret to killing Yavalla is connected to the puzzle box.

Edited by tv echo