Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Tuesday’s Child

Bort

Not as good as the first two. For one thing, I'm not a big fan of the "overly-complicated riddle as clue" trope.

There were also some really big questions detracting from important scenes. Like "Why are they still leaving that dead body on the floor of their hideout? If they don't want to be seen by the neighbors digging a grave (which, to be honest, ought to be the kind of thing Jessica's neighbors are used to by now... kind of like the sound of gunshots...) wouldn't they at least have moved it into the basement or something? And, "Why didn't Jessica just stab Artemis in the neck?" Would have been a hell of a lot quicker for both of them. Hell, "Why not just shoot her?" It's not like anybody on this show seems to report gunshots to the police.

I don't really care much about the vaccine story. I prefer the show to be focused on Jessica, the scooby gang and their direct antagonists.

I also do not like Ian. I mean, I get him. I understand him as a character. But I still wish they'd kept Sam and killed him instead.

Wilson's schtick with the cereal box eyepatch is probably exactly what I would do in that situation.

Also, I quite agree with his assessment of urban traffic.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1

This one seemed random and confusing. 
Jessica is going to the funeral of the woman who sold the Utopia comic? Didn't that woman die at the convention only a day ago? Or has Sam's body's been lying on the floor for three or more days? 

The Basement Lab guy and the Evil Corporate guy are at odds.  But why, exactly?  It's not as if the FDA would allow a vaccine to be produced and distributed without testing.  What did Basement Lab guy think he could accomplish at the site of one of the outbreaks? 

After years(?), Jessica tracks down Artemis, the woman who raised her, hears something she doesn't like, and decides to kill her. Jessica is on quite the killing spree - including killing the assassin twins. 
The five or so minutes it took for their death battle could have been better used by explaining what is going on.
But the writers are probably using the fighting and killing to keep things interesting.

The comics - Dystopia and Utopia - do they actually exist? Has either one ever been shown completely? It seems that only bits and pieces of artwork have been displayed as part of bigger conspiracy board. When people are shown flipping through one of the comics, it only looks to be ten or so pages.  And there does not appear to be any dialogue or captions that a comic would normally have. 
( I will also post this in the media thread )