Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Middle Game

• Start Topic

On 12/19/2020 at 12:59 AM, chocolatine said:

There's absolutely no way she would have understood anything that was said in the elevator (other than her own name) after one or two semesters of Russian. In the scene in Russian class earlier in the episode they were learning verb conjugations, so it was an absolute beginners' class. She's years away from being able to understand conversation.

If the idea was that she was supposed to have understood them, even just certain words, I liked that she didn't give it away by making some stupid quip to them in Russian later on. A lot of shows would have done that, but keeping your knowledge secret is the way better move.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, snarktini said:

Now I'm curious how one dies of hepatitis, and how the doc could spot it on sight. Hepatitis can be related to alcoholism.

Hepatitis is a liver disease right? Could a doctor really tell the difference between death due to hepatitis (which Google tells me is liver failure) and death due to being a heavy duty alcoholic for many many years? I think it is safe to assume that the years of drinking killed her.

Also as a little thing, I liked how the pharmacist slid the pill bottle to Beth as if it were a chess piece.