Type keyword(s) to search

Detective Carolyn Barek: One and Done...

(edited)

Okay, I have made no secret that I thought Barek was...low energy...shall we say? But watching some episodes on the Ion marathon, and I do appreciate that she had the sort of world-weary/BTDT vibe well. And, in hindsight, was decent with Logan.

Logan still had his best partners on the Mothership, but on CI, I think Logan/Barek - the more I watch - did pretty well. Even if I do think Annabella Sciorra needed some Jolt cola or caffeine.

Hindsight, etc.

Edited by WendyR72

Barek just put me in a snooze, because as you said, other than "The Small Wee Hours", she was very low energy, but was a Bobby clone, in that she knew everything about everything, and personally, I didn't care for her "Relax Mike, you got the job" in "Diamond Dogs."

It just made Annabella look like a bad actress, and she's so not.

Barek just put me in a snooze, because as you said, other than "The Small Wee Hours", she was very low energy, but was a Bobby clone, in that she knew everything about everything, and personally, I didn't care for her "Relax Mike, you got the job" in "Diamond Dogs."

It just made Annabella look like a bad actress, and she's so not.

I do hear ya. Eh, maybe it's just a case of Logan's CI alternatives. Falacci wasn't around long, and I've said my peace about Wheeler, so of the three, Barek wins by default? Shrug.

(edited)

I actually liked Mike's partnership with Falacci's the best, because NOW he was the senior, more seasoned partner, while Falacci was the hothead, something that he USED to be. I dunno.

ETA: Because Spelling is Important, DAMMIT!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
I actually liked Mike's partnership with Fallaci's the best, because NOW he was the senior, more seasoned partner, while Fallaci was the hothead, something that he USED to be. I dunno.

Maybe I didn't classify Falacci better as she was a temp, so it was pointless. But maybe had she stayed, maybe it would have worked. Funny that even Falacci, being a hothead, FOR ME still had a better "detective" vibe than Wheeler.

Good for Julianne Nicholson for looking/acting so young, but it did no favors as a dynamo force of nature, or so Ross had folks believe.

Which is something I do think Barek had. She had the "seasoned" thing down better. Meh. In any case, it makes me wonder if Annabella Sciorra wanted out or if CI PTB weren't satisfied.

• Love 1
And her incessant mumbling, which turned out to be her talking to herself. Annoying as all get out.

If she had done the Bobby lean, the Goren parallel would be secured. At any rate, at least I don't recall Goren mumbling. He liked to shout his ideas from the rooftops. So, they had some differences, after all.  :-P

• Love 1