Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG, FIXED] Mark forum as read confirmation gone again

GHScorpiosRule

I feel like we should just keep this topic open as it keeps happening. As of two minutes ago, dialogue box asking if we are sure we want to mark a forum read has disappeared. AGAIN. Don't know if it's a result of the site being slow to load/open 10 minutes ago.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2020 at 1:28 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

Just wondering, why is there even a need for confirmation of mark all read? It isn't that easy to click it accidentally so if you click it and it does what it is supposed to do that would be okay (with me). 

I agree with you. Just my opinion, but the confirmation dialog is just a nuisance. I could see needing a confirmation if I was doing something destructive and irreversible like deleting stuff, but not for this. And if I've gone to the trouble to click the Mark Read button, I really meant to do it. 

On 1/26/2020 at 4:28 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

Just wondering, why is there even a need for confirmation of mark all read? It isn't that easy to click it accidentally so if you click it and it does what it is supposed to do that would be okay (with me). 

1 hour ago, CoderLady said:

I agree with you. Just my opinion, but the confirmation dialog is just a nuisance. I could see needing a confirmation if I was doing something destructive and irreversible like deleting stuff, but not for this. And if I've gone to the trouble to click the Mark Read button, I really meant to do it. 

Weighing in to disagree. Depending on the device and the tendency for things to jump around when you you think everything’s loaded, it’s way too easy for me to accidentally hit the “mark everything read” button. And since I don’t always keep up with everything immediately, it’s annoying to have to figure out where I still have unread items. 

in fact, I wish there were a way to mark things as unread, but that’s a different topic. 

• Love 3