Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Proceed with Caution

Hmm, Johnny Weir and Jonathan Van Ness? That's a little too on the nose, don't you think?

While I do find the show compelling it's also frustrating for an educated skating fan. Everyone keeps saying what a talented skater Kat is but I've yet to see her do anything beyond basic beginner skating technique. Nobody would actually watch her skate and think she was some kind of special once-in-a-generation talent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Hmm, Johnny Weir and Jonathan Van Ness? That's a little too on the nose, don't you think?

While I do find the show compelling it's also frustrating for an educated skating fan. Everyone keeps saying what a talented skater Kat is but I've yet to see her do anything beyond basic beginner skating technique. Nobody would actually watch her skate and think she was some kind of special once-in-a-generation talent.

I have the same problem. The more the show focuses on skating and nationals the harder it is for me to enjoy because none of these skaters are good enough for that level. The way they talk about Kat makes me think of Sasha Cohen and the skating is laughable in comparison. 

Edited by Guest