Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: The Dramarama of the Country Music Scene

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's first two seasons. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

So I am currently binge watching the series, and am nearing the end of season 2. I started watching when it first aired, but had no interest so I stopped after a few episodes. But I kept reading up on the show, especially in the last year, so I finally caved and decided to give this show another chance. 

All I can say is, even with knowing the trajectory of Maddie as a character, I really dislike her in the second season. Man, with all the flaws Teddy has, he's still a great father and she's just throwing it away because him and Rayna are finally saying no. Why do we get so much on a teenager when we could get more on virtually any other character? I even tolerate Layla. I don't quite hate her, although she is irritating at times. 

• Love 1

Rewatching the show. Binge-watched Season 1. It was so awesome then! The music was fantastic, the stories were good, and Maddie wasn’t annoying. Scarlett was, though. And Avery was a jerk. But he certainly wasn’t the first to go solo and leave his band mates behind.