Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipating Valhalla

• Start Topic

Question to moderators:

Why is this forum on 'Genre Television' section? Vikings: Valhalla is the spinoff of Vikings, is it not? I would think they are in the same genre. And as Vikings is in the 'Drama' section - as it is a historical drama - why is this show in different section? Will there significant fantasy or mythological elements in this new show?

• Love 2

This show takes place 100 years after the conclusion of Vikings,  it is filmed in many of the same locations, with some of its main characters being descendants of the Vikings characters. It should be in the Drama section. This is needlessly confusing.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2021 at 5:21 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Valhalla: Netflix Announces Full Cast for Vikings Sequel Series

A bunch of mostly photogenic people I've never heard of and Pollyanna McIntosh, the woman probably best known for playing the monosyllabic leader of a weird Mad Max-inspired group of garbage dump dwellers on The Walking Dead.

From the cast I do know David Oakes and Leo Suter - both very good actors.  Actually, I am guessing Suter plays one of the main characters, considering the historical importance of his character.

• Love 1

Coming February 25 to Netflix:

https://youtu.be/IM_4-XFeRyA

From what I understand the first season - they have already filmed season 2 - is based on a historical event where an English king had  non-aggressive Viking settlers massacred. Which accomplished uniting two opposed to each other Vikings factions (Christian and non-Christian) against the English.  What is shown in the trailer is the Vikings taking London Bridge.

This is not written by Hirst but filmed by the same studio, the same crew and in the same locations as Vikings. I am expecting a different tone but also to recognize a lot of things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1