Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Tell the Truth

wanderingstar
  • Start Topic

A happy family occasion brings the Lyons back together but no one is able to agree on anything; Lucious comes face-to-face with demons from his past; Cookie reaches a breaking point; Andre encourages Tiana to smooth things over.

I'm ok with them making Lucious a bitch again. I'd still like to get my Who Shot Lucious mystery. We've had long-lost kids, Jamal and Andre almost dying, the Cookie-Anika catfight, etc. so we need a Who Shot Lucious mystery to complete this game of soap trope bingo.

I liked seeing Cookie go to therapy, even though her therapist should clearly have fired her-lol

That flashforward to Cookie's car exploding with her in it has to be a misdirect, right?

• Love 1
On 10/27/2019 at 1:58 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

I'm ok with them making Lucious a bitch again. I'd still like to get my Who Shot Lucious mystery. We've had long-lost kids, Jamal and Andre almost dying, the Cookie-Anika catfight, etc. so we need a Who Shot Lucious mystery to complete this game of soap trope bingo.

I liked seeing Cookie go to therapy, even though her therapist should clearly have fired her-lol

That flashforward to Cookie's car exploding with her in it has to be a misdirect, right?

I agree with you about this episode. And I agree that Cookie's car exploding has to be a misdirect. 

• Love 2
On 10/27/2019 at 4:58 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

Her therapist will always be Monica from Girlfriends to me, and in those glasses she looked a lot like MY former therapist! 

• Love 3

Even if Lucious's tale of "receiving" a million dollars from Philly Street were true, why would that discount Cookie's 400K contribution in creating Empire? I didn't get it. At worst, Cookie would be responsible for between a quarter and a third of the founding financing of the company. That's not nothing.

• Love 6

LOL at Lucious sticker on everything in the fridge!

I think because it's the final season they are trying to put a lot of things in the storyline that seem to have no relevance.  The Tiana thing, where's it going?  White Tracy?  

I like seeing the sisters together.  They have funny banter when they aren't literally trying to kill each other.

• Love 1

This season seems determined to make me absolutely cheer when we see Lucious die. If he don't shut his hypocritical, Dracula vest wearing, arrogant a** up. The flash back to all Lucious' abusive behavior actually brought tears to my eyes. Terraji really is a phenominal actress. 

If this show really decides to kill Cookie off by the end of the series, I'm gonna be really mad. I've got fingers crossed that there'll be some stupid cop out or something. Watching her daytime talk show clips are such a drag. Her cohosts are so obviously hate-able that they're just a bore.

I love that Treasure whined about being thrown a track that was made for Tiana when she's literally a knock off Tiana. Actually, that would give her character too much credit. The writers want her character to mean something but can't seem to put enough effort into showing it. "I want to make music that tells my story." Well, what is it? Besides vague struggles? The song she sings at the event is actually worse/more boring and intelligible than the "cruise" song. Did anybody else even understand what the chorus was saying? I'm really hating this whole "underdog" story the writers are trying to pull with her, too. Literally every opportunity possible was served to her on a silver platter since the day Cookie discovered her.

White Tracy might as well be a ghost/hallucination herself, because she just floats around...doing things. Her purpose is to be determined.

I would watch a spin off featuring just Cookie and her sisters.

I like that the one constant thing this season is Becky's dialogue.

She's still funny as always. Listening to Lucious' little rant about Cookie's "myth" really pissed me off. I mean really, are we supposed to think that it's Cookie's fault that Lucious didn't start off as a good business man? Fuh outta here, man.

• Love 2

I like seeing the sisters together.  They have funny banter when they aren't literally trying to kill each other.

Same here. Their scenes were one of my favorite parts of the episode.

Lucious is tiresome. Cookie doesn't owe him anything. She didn't even sleep with Damon!

I continue to love Becky and Giselle. And nice to see Porsha promoted up to A&R.

• Love 1