Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: You Broke Love

Athena5217
  • Start Topic

Lucious' plan to escape from the Feds finally comes to a head; Cookie is in a dangerous situation

Latest episode topic started for the 5 of us still watching this show. The good news is The Calamari Wig is gone. RIP

Edited by Athena5217
Typo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

While Damon’s over the top crazy performance was amusing at times, I’m sad that Cookie could not free herself and had to be the damsel in distress until Luscious deigned to help her. This was after lamenting her dependence on terrible men. This show is nothing if not repetitive. 

As for the other storylines, while it’s nice that Becky is finally being explored more as a character, it feels hard to care that she has family issues at this point. I’d rather see more focus on her business and move on from the one girl who is too shy to sing. Surely two smart business women can figure out how to get more than one client. 

I find myself not caring about Tiana’s story as well. How did her sending well wishes to her children’s new cousin turn into an abortion debate? I can’t even remember the names of the other singer that is Tiana’s rival and the over aggressive chick that is now Andre’s assistant. 

It’s good that Andre is trying to address his visions of his dead brother, but knowing this show it probably won’t help. I really hope this isn’t a setup for Andre to shoot Luscious in the flash forward. 

• Love 3

Lets talk about Lucious' outfits!  Dang, the scarf, lace up vest & tied cuffs!  

The Blonde on the Tea Talk had some bad acting tonight.  The whole concept of the segment annoys me.

The topic of women's rights is important but it's been dragged on for 2 episodes & should be put to bed because it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Where the hell is Thirsty?  We need some comic relief.

• Love 2

Ok this episode has made me really just hate Lucious. Before, I used to love to hate him because he could be entertaining and sometimes downright hilarious but this episode has done nothing but highlight the issues with "Coocious" and the fact that Lucious truly doesn't care about Cookie. This season he's even acknowledged that he knew Cookie didn't actually sleep with Damon and still considered leaving her. To. Die. The mother of his children. His supposed best friend. In the hands of a madman who claimed he was going to freaking to kill her. I just can't with this guy.

What has annoyed me about this show is that nearly every guy who has had a romantic interest in Cookie has either ended up crooked/evil or screwed up in some other way. I feel this that was done to make Lucious look better in comparison which, honestly, can't be done considering the fact he literally killed her cousin–with his own hands! His affair with Damon's daughter is barely enjoyable because I swear she sounds like  some freaking generic fortune cookie/inspirational quote generator. Snore. 

The B and C plots so far have ranged from meh to annoying. I like the idea of watching Becky grow her empire and fleshing her out more as a but her making uncalculated risks with what little money her and Giselle's company has in OOC. However, because I know this show will take a page of the book of cliches I just know that the singer will pull through and become a success.

Also Tiana making the comment of all lives mattering after hearing that another woman was having trouble with her pregnancy really sparked controversy? In this day and age? Girl, bye. I also see that this show is still trying to make Treasure a thing. The sad thing is that the writers haven't made her into some formidable rival, secretly likable or anything interesting, she just comes off as desperate and unoriginal while still maintaining those same subpar acting skills. I feel like this pro choice/life thing is gonna become of some importance to her but I just can't bring myself to care.

Ghost Kingsley is just....weird. He has no purpose other than being the monkey wrench is Andre's life and for lack of a better word it's just...weird. Then again, that could be because I hate the old "ghost talking to a main character" thing, but I guess it's justified since it's happened before. I think that the hallucinations are a crappy ploy to either set Andre up as a red herring or foreshadow a path towards killing Lucious, which I'm all for.

Lastly, I just want more for Cookie. She deserves it after being crapped on this whole series which seems hellbent on making her go insane. Seeing her being reduced to damsel in distress looks crazy when juxtaposed against the character she was back in season one.

• Love 3
On 10/16/2019 at 5:25 PM, AsiagoSauce said:

Ok this episode has made me really just hate Lucious. Before, I used to love to hate him because he could be entertaining and sometimes downright hilarious but this episode has done nothing but highlight the issues with "Coocious" and the fact that Lucious truly doesn't care about Cookie. This season he's even acknowledged that he knew Cookie didn't actually sleep with Damon and still considered leaving her. To. Die. The mother of his children. His supposed best friend. In the hands of a madman who claimed he was going to freaking to kill her. I just can't with this guy.

What has annoyed me about this show is that nearly every guy who has had a romantic interest in Cookie has either ended up crooked/evil or screwed up in some other way. I feel this that was done to make Lucious look better in comparison which, honestly, can't be done considering the fact he literally killed her cousin–with his own hands! His affair with Damon's daughter is barely enjoyable because I swear she sounds like  some freaking generic fortune cookie/inspirational quote generator. Snore. 

The B and C plots so far have ranged from meh to annoying. I like the idea of watching Becky grow her empire and fleshing her out more as a but her making uncalculated risks with what little money her and Giselle's company has in OOC. However, because I know this show will take a page of the book of cliches I just know that the singer will pull through and become a success.

Also Tiana making the comment of all lives mattering after hearing that another woman was having trouble with her pregnancy really sparked controversy? In this day and age? Girl, bye. I also see that this show is still trying to make Treasure a thing. The sad thing is that the writers haven't made her into some formidable rival, secretly likable or anything interesting, she just comes off as desperate and unoriginal while still maintaining those same subpar acting skills. I feel like this pro choice/life thing is gonna become of some importance to her but I just can't bring myself to care.

Ghost Kingsley is just....weird. He has no purpose other than being the monkey wrench is Andre's life and for lack of a better word it's just...weird. Then again, that could be because I hate the old "ghost talking to a main character" thing, but I guess it's justified since it's happened before. I think that the hallucinations are a crappy ploy to either set Andre up as a red herring or foreshadow a path towards killing Lucious, which I'm all for.

Lastly, I just want more for Cookie. She deserves it after being crapped on this whole series which seems hellbent on making her go insane. Seeing her being reduced to damsel in distress looks crazy when juxtaposed against the character she was back in season one.

I definitely agree with everything you said, Asiagosauce! But I also agree with what you said about Tiana and Treasure and Becky and Giselle. This season, even though I'm watching is sorely missing the family dynamic and the writers are trying to bring more storylines for the supporting characters, because they truly have nothing to work with, which is fine. But the supporting character's story lines just seem to me to be very stale. And I think it shows, because you notice, the music from season 6, has been sparse on Youtube. So I don't know how the series will end. 

About Tiana and Treasure, I agree that they're trying to make Treasure a formidable rival for Tiana, just as they made Nessa be a formidable rival for Tiana in season 3. But about her storyline, I know that she is supposed to focus on her career as well as the kids and coparenting, I didn't understand the controversy either. Because Terry and Andre's son survived, and is quite adorable. But I think she was saying what she said to her fans on social media, to show that because all lives matter, she was saying this in case something happened to her children's cousin and aunt. So I understand it from that standpoint. 

About Becky and Giselle, I think the artist who is too shy to sing, will be a complete success. But I hope they can afford new artists. But about Becky's family situation, I didn't understand why she is having family issues now, because throughout the entire show, we had never seen one person from her family, and they are writing her family in now? It's very hard to believe she is having family issues, when we have never seen her family during the entire run of the show. That's like adding Tiana's family into the show now, when Tiana mentioned in season 1, that she was raised by her big mama, and then this season, we end up seeing her parents and grandmother when they had only mentioned the grandmother raising her in season 1. It doesn't make sense at all, and it wouldn't make sense to ever see Tiana's family now, when the audience has never seen them throughout the run of the show, when her grandmother was only mentioned in season 1. (The writers would probably not deal with Tiana's family, though.)

Edited by journalism16
Had to correct a word, so the sentence made sense.