Type keyword(s) to search

Lionel Fusco: Punching Bag Cop

Pity poor Lionel, who despite almost getting killed (and having his son almost killed) gets NO respect from Reese at all. He might actually be my favorite character on the show at this point. He's almost the Jerry of this show.

• Love 1

I love Fusco.  Yes, he started out a dirty cop, but through his work with Team Machine he started feeling good about himself again, and wanting to be good again, and he did change.  His part is small, in terms of screen time, but I have seen real story and real growth.  

I often think Reese is too short or gruff or just rude to him, and since I usually love Reese that bothers me.  But I do think he is coming around,  At least the others (Finch, Carter before she died (sniff) and Shaw) seem to value him.

• Love 1

As Carter's corrupt partner, Fusco's dark character took a sharp turn for the grey in Season 1 when HR threatened his family and we first saw how trapped he was.  When, after Carter's death, he was kidnapped and his son was threatened in his own home, Fusco's heroics were breathtaking and incredibly moving.  I'm a Fusco fan all the way now!  Kevin Chapman does an amazing job with the character, and I agree it's about time Reese gave him his due.  Even Shaw gives him more respect!  I totally love this show, and Fusco is as fundamental to the team as Shaw, if not more imo.  Go Lionel!  I mean stay, Lionel!

• Love 1

Lionel Fusco / Kevin Chapman needs an Emmy for how he has imbued a supporting character into one of the best things about this show!

Lionel plays stand-in for us when he's incredulous over Team Machine doing something a bit...much. He'll show us how remorselessly he set-up a cop-killer for death, but you understand that it was his past. HR beat him to a bloody pulp and he kept on spitting blood, taking the hits and savagely paid them for thinking of his son. 

I was rooting for another date with the lady that had ties to HR, but the story was dropped. If anyone could talk someone/keep someone on the right side (outside of Carter), it would be Lionel. If she was bad, he would be the one to bring her to his side and be understanding, which could be neat to see. That story didn't need swaths of time, but I get that it was retooled to showcase Carter/ Taraji and it worked so well. Still, Lionel deserves to have a nice, quiet lady in his off-hours.

I love the chemistry between Lionel and Shaw, and how he called her Sameen a couple of episodes back, but they could be great partners. I don't think they will make Lionel/Shaw a couple, but I could see where some folks would think TPTB might try it. 

Decima had best leave Our Lionel alone tomorrow night. Just sayin'.