Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Show Me Your Genes

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I just came across this story and it made me think of Elizabeth Holmes. This one is about a female CEO who was forced to resign from the biotech company she had founded because it was discovered that she altered research images. But, rather than facing criminal charges from her investors, she somehow managed to get them to give her *more* money, and now she's heading an investment fund. How can people be so stupid?!?!?!

• Useful 1
On 4/17/2022 at 10:53 PM, chocolatine said:

I just came across this story and it made me think of Elizabeth Holmes. This one is about a female CEO who was forced to resign from the biotech company she had founded because it was discovered that she altered research images. But, rather than facing criminal charges from her investors, she somehow managed to get them to give her *more* money, and now she's heading an investment fund. How can people be so stupid?!?!?!

Yep, also her friend who was CEO of Cortexyme.

I work in pharma research and have actually sat in a room with both, pitching to them…let’s just say that none of this is surprising and their IP is BS. And, btw, it becomes VERY clear that they don’t know shit about science.

There’s a reason why Pharma gets a bad rap- there really are a lot of GOOD people who want to make a difference in the industry. And then there are the ones who call the $hot$ and are completely disgusting and unscrupulous.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1