Type keyword(s) to search

The Outsider In The Media

• Start Topic

From Deadline:

HBO has given a series order to supernatural drama The Outsider, based on Stephen King’s bestselling novel, with Ben Mendelsohn set to star and produce.
In The Outsider, written by Price, a seemingly straightforward investigation into the gruesome murder of a local boy leads a seasoned cop and an unorthodox investigator to question everything they believe to be real, as an insidious supernatural force edges its way into the case. The book was published in May by Charles Scribners and Sons.

Lots of casting news dropped today...

HBO has cast eight series regulars and two actors to recur opposite Ben Mendelsohn in The Outsider, based on Stephen King’s bestselling novel.

Cynthia Erivo (Bad Times at the El Royale), Bill Camp (The Looming Tower), Mare Winningham (George Wallace), Paddy Considine (The Ferryman), Julianne Nicholson (Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders), Yul Vázquez (I Am the Night), Jeremy Bobb (The Knick) and Marc Menchaca (Ozark) are the new regulars, with Hettienne Park (Hannibal) and Michael Esper (Trust) set to recur.

NPR and Fresh Air have reviews today - sounds intriguing.

From Fresh Air;

Such fear takes the form of a slow-building dread in The Outsider, the new 10-part HBO series based on King's 2018 novel of the same title. Although this adaptation is too well-heeled for its pulpy material, the show has a terrific plot hook, and once I made peace with its moody rhythms, I found myself hooked, devouring the six hours available for preview in two nights.

• Love 1

Bateman does a longer interview on The Bill Simmons podcast 5/29/90.

Talks about the Ozark production company bringing him The Outsider, asking him if he wanted to try to do both that show and season 3 of Ozark.

Said he executive produced meaning he hired producers, made casting decisions and directed the first two episodes and handed off some duties to a producer he knew from Ozark.