Type keyword(s) to search

The PrimeTimer Closet: Recent Fashion Purchases

• Start Topic

Self-explanatory title.

White Stuff Namibia reversible skirt

White Stuff Joyful Jersey Tee, navy

GAP Girlfriend Chinos, chambray

I am a former teacher, current stay-at-home, middle-aged, mom-on-the-go.  I don’t profess to be super stylish, but I enjoy being a girl and do find fashion fun.

White Stuff is a British company, so their sizing is different than US sizing.  Anyone from the US ordering from that site  would want to refer to the size charts for the proper conversion.

• Love 1

I recently purchased the Rosie sleeveless pocket dress and Shandra reversible tank from a local, sustainable brand called Miik (this company is woman founded/run and they often use "community models" of many shapes and sizes (including height, which is important for me)!!!).  They arrived yesterday, but I haven't worn either yet.  I also went on a Sephora shopping spree (online, since stores are closed here)...

@Scatterbrained:  I own several bras from The Little Bra Company as I have a smaller band size (in addition to cup) at 30B.

Edited by PRgal
34 minutes ago, PRgal said:

I recently purchased the Rosie sleeveless pocket dress and Shandra reversible tank from a local, sustainable brand called Miik (this company is woman founded/run and they often use "community models" of many shapes and sizes (including height, which is important for me)!!!).  They arrived yesterday, but I haven't worn either yet.  I also went on a Sephora shopping spree (online, since stores are closed here)...

@Scatterbrained:  I own several bras from The Little Bra Company as I have a smaller band size (in addition to cup) at 30B.

PRgal, the miik tank dresses look versatile and comfortable for summer wear.  I had never heard of them before.  Thanks for the introduction to a new brand!  It sounds as if you like The Little Bra Company’s products if you own several.

19 hours ago, Scatterbrained said:

PRgal, the miik tank dresses look versatile and comfortable for summer wear.  I had never heard of them before.  Thanks for the introduction to a new brand!  It sounds as if you like The Little Bra Company’s products if you own several.

Miik is a Canadian brand (based here in Toronto) I discovered several years ago at a women-focused lifestyle show.  They were the first brand which made blazers that didn't have structured shoulders.  I lived in Miik when my son was born since many of their pieces are machine washable (blazers aren't).

I just ordered a bunch of face masks for my kids from Primary.  I feel that it is worth mentioning that the price is very affordable because they are only charging for production and fulfillment.

I recently ordered a bunch of dresses for DD from their rainbow shop.  She is very sensitive and picky and the one we ordered for her last year was a wardrobe favorite.  I would have liked to order a tie dye t-shirt for DS, but they were out of his size.