Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Gossip At Shibden Hall

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

(edited)

Hi, my name is kieyra and I’m a Sally Wainwright fanatic. I posted excessively in the previous GJ thread, I whined when the thread was deleted, and now I’ll probably post in the season one thread again on my next rewatch.

The show that got me hooked on Wainwright’s writing style was Happy Valley (on Netflix). Other GJ viewers turned me on to an older show of hers also featuring Suranne Jones, Scott & Bailey (on Amazon Prime right now). Both are generally cop procedurals, but with predominantly female leads and perspectives. I don’t care so much for one of her other well-known shows, Last Tango in Halifax. 

In my spare time I enjoy working on my mental “UK Actor Venn Diagram”, which right now mostly consists of actor overlap among Wainwright’s shows, along with:

Game of Thrones

Call the Midwife

Harlots

Chernobyl 

... although at this exact moment I’m not sure if there’s a direct Harlots <> Wainwright link. (The Harlots/Call the Midwife overlap is pretty intense.) I’ll get back to you.

Edit: Wait, got it. Con O’Neill played Neil (Claire’s bf) in S2 of Happy Valley, the slave trader in S1 of Harlots, and one of the more culpable bureaucrats in Chernobyl. Drink!

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 2
On 7/16/2019 at 9:47 PM, kieyra said:

Hi, my name is kieyra and I’m a Sally Wainwright fanatic. I posted excessively in the previous GJ thread, I whined when the thread was deleted, and now I’ll probably post in the season one thread again on my next rewatch.

Why was the old thread deleted?