Type keyword(s) to search

[NOT A BUG, RESOLVED] Blocked from forums after new modem installed

I just had Rogers Ignite ( Canadian) installed and now I can't reach the forums while on wifi. No problem with phone/tablet on data,. They tell me it's the new IP address and it must have been banned by PTV at some point. Tell me there is nothing I can do but wait for a new IP to eventually reset. Is it possible for Primetimer to un-ban me?

I can access the main site just fine, but as soon as I try to go on the forums, I get this: 

403.JPG

I'm guessing there is nothing you can do for me, but is it possible that someone could let me know? I've resolved the problem with my provider (it is definitely not my computer with the issues) but I still get the same message as above when I try to access the forums.

On 5/9/2019 at 1:37 PM, SilverStormm said:

I'm gonna suggest you try the usual first port of call with this sort of thing; clear your cookies then restart your device. If that doesn't resolve the problem please let me know.

I've done that (multiple times), as well as restarting everything. The Rogers (provider) guy was just here and we tried all these things again, as well as replacing the modem. He is stumped and said he's never seen this before. Lucky me :/  His only thought is that it is something to do with the Ignite IPs all beginning with 10.0.0.1 and if PTV forums also begin with that it could cause a conflict. He tried their national help desk to see if it is a known issue, but apparently, nope. We're at a loss as to what to try next.

(edited)
9 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

@gonzosgirrl Would you please provide the IP address you are using when encountering the block (You can obtain this information by visiting somewhere such as https://whatismyipaddress.com/ ).

Thanks.

It's bizarre and Rigers can't figure it out either.  It's been working on my laptop for a few days, but stopped again tonight. It won't work on my phone or tablet at all if I am on my wi-fi,  works fine on data. I brought all three devices to work to try on wifi there and they work fine. 😞

Edited by SilverStormm
Removed IP address info
9 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's bizarre and Rigers can't figure it out either.  It's been working on my laptop for a few days, but stopped again tonight. It won't work on my phone or tablet at all if I am on my wi-fi,  works fine on data. I brought all three devices to work to try on wifi there and they work fine. 😞

Thanks for the requested info. We're still investigating this issue.

2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Thanks for the requested info. We're still investigating this issue.

Thanks @SilverStormm I appreciate it. I'm supposed to have a call from a Rogers tech tonight to check more settings but I'm not hopeful at this point. They (their tech people) seem divided on whether or not replacing the actual modem will help. I just don't get why it would work one minute and not the next, and even when it was working on the laptop, neither the phone nor tablet worked (and I have chrome, firefox and the Samsung browser on both, none of which worked).

So after my session with the Rogers tech last night in which we changed the DNS servers, the laptop seems to work intermittently (as it did before), but still no access on the phone or tablet when on my wifi (both work on data). They continue to try and solve it and have escalated the ticket. And so we wait...

45 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

@gonzosgirrl Is there anything in particular you're doing before the error occurs? i.e. visiting a particular topic or performing a particular action etc.

Not that I've noticed. I'm more blocked than not blocked, but the times it has happened while I'm actually on the forum is when I've changed pages, whether clicking next topic, or going back to home, etc.

I just wanted to let you know that Rogers finally came and replaced my modem today, and now everything seems to be working fine again with the site. They have no idea why, but I'm not going to question it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1