Type keyword(s) to search

[Enquiry, ANSWERED] Where to Post a Recomendation for a New Forum (new show)

I tried to find the proper place to post a recommendation for a new show forum (create a forum for a new TV show). I went to the main Forum section and found the FAQ forum. So, I opened that to see if I could find a FAQ that would tell me where to post a recommendation for creating a new forum for a TV show.

I got confused because almost every thread in that forum was locked. I think there were only one or two threads that were  not locked. That made me think I must have been in the wrong place. Can anyone tell me where the right place would be?

Alternatively, there is a show called "Maniac" starring Emma Stone and Jonah Hill. The premise for this show is very unique and interesting. Two people engage in a drug-trial and most every episode shows them in a different life scenario in which the only constant is the two of them work through one hour drama together. It is extremely interesting and I really enjoyed. I'm hoping someone might be interested in starting a forum for this show?

23 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

You no longer need to request a forum. You can go ahead and start a topic for a show in the appropriate 'Other_ Shows' area of Drama, Comedy, Reality area. Please only use the show name as the topic title.

I'm not the OP, but can I ask a followup question?  Does this mean that going forward, the only show discussions will be in single-show threads?  Or is there some kind of "board of directors" that says, this show looks promising, let's give it its own forum with per-episode threads?  Just curious how all this works.  I'm sure it's not possible to predict, for every new show, which ones will be discussion-worthy enough to merit their own forum. Any insight you'd be willing to share?

• Love 2

If a show proves uber popular and is getting a lot of traffic, then it will be promoted to a full forum. In rare - emphasis on rare - circumstances; if a highly anticipated show generates a ton of media hype/buzz it'll get a forum right away (think Game of Thrones spin-off level buzz).

• Love 1

This topic may need to be added to the FAQ thread.  I just read through that again and didn't see anything on the topic.

Relatedly, since the FAQ was originally posted long before the latest board update, it might also need to be updated on certain topics.  Things like the site icons and the Like system seem to be out of date. 

• Love 2