Type keyword(s) to search

[Resolved] Request regarding new post flagging

SoMuchTV

You know how the first unread post has a yellow line at the top?  And how back before the "big upgrade" the first unread post had a gray border all around it?  Is there any way the first-unread indicator could go back to being around the whole post?  Is that something that's adjustable on your end?  I don't care if it's yellow or gray or pick your favorite color.  For a couple reasons - the new "primetimer" header still tends to cover the top of the first post, and the screen tends to jump around a lot as it loads (I'm thinking this is when it's loading images etc. above where it's aiming to display).  Bottom line is that most of the time, I end up needing to scroll up or down to figure out where the first unread post is.    If the whole post had a distinctive border, I could tell where I "landed" and know whether I need to scroll up a little bit or down a little bit.

This is happening to me on a variety of devices and browsers, but if anyone is not seeing this, I'd be interested to know what you're using.  Thanks for considering!

• Love 3
On 4/25/2019 at 9:24 PM, SilverStormm said:

We're going to implement a complete gold/yellow outline for new and notified posts.

Yay! I see it now. Thanks!

I'm finding that if I click a topic with unread stuff, the yellow box is all the way around the first unread post. And if I click a notification to take me to a specific post, the yellow box is all the way around that post. But if I do the latter and the first unread post is nearby and visible, the first unread post has just the yellow bar at the top. 

Before the "box outline" were implemented the two posts would've been highlighted in the same way: yellow bar on both. I realize this is likely a minor concern but am wondering if the box-on-linked-post but bar-on-nearby-first-unread is expected behaviour currently?

I'm having similar issues as theatremouse. I haven't noticed a pattern though. Sometimes, there's a yellow bar and sometimes, there's a yellow box. (I was just in the Figure Skating topic and there, it was a bar. In the NCIS LA topic, it was a box and both new posts had posts afterwards).

On 5/3/2019 at 1:23 AM, theatremouse said:

I'm finding that if I click a topic with unread stuff, the yellow box is all the way around the first unread post. And if I click a notification to take me to a specific post, the yellow box is all the way around that post. But if I do the latter and the first unread post is nearby and visible, the first unread post has just the yellow bar at the top. 

Before the "box outline" were implemented the two posts would've been highlighted in the same way: yellow bar on both. I realize this is likely a minor concern but am wondering if the box-on-linked-post but bar-on-nearby-first-unread is expected behaviour currently?

On 5/6/2019 at 4:37 PM, CheshireCat said:

I'm having similar issues as theatremouse. I haven't noticed a pattern though. Sometimes, there's a yellow bar and sometimes, there's a yellow box. (I was just in the Figure Skating topic and there, it was a bar. In the NCIS LA topic, it was a box and both new posts had posts afterwards).

@both is this still the case? Apologies, these slipped right past me.