Type keyword(s) to search

[SUGGESTION] Indents

Could we have an option to indent without using a list bullet or number?

I would use it for setting off quotes of lines spoken in an episode.

Anyone else think this would be useful?

BTW, I have discovered a workaround to put vertical space between text (useful when quoting more than one poster -- asked about this elsewhere):

1. Shift+Enter to add a new line without a space
  2. Space bar twice
  3. Repeat 1 & 2 until the desired vertical space exists between your comments.
11 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Why not just use the quote function for that?

Good question, which I am happy to answer. :)

Because most posters don't seem to know that to get a quote in a post included in a quote of that post, you have to highlight the entire post (including the quote) and then click "quote selection."

4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Because most posters don't seem to know that to get a quote in a post included in a quote of that post, you have to highlight the entire post (including the quote) and then click "quote selection."

Huh.  I was unaware of that myself.  But hopefully I will remember that in the future.

However, that seems unrelated to the topic here: indents potentially used for quoting program dialog.  Again, why not use the basic quote function; as in the " button in the banner at the top of this posting box which gives an unattributed quote box like this example from Clone High?:

Joan of Arc: You know, Abe, I've been thinking. I'm going to date a lot more this year.

Abe: Uh-huh, I want to date Cleopatra. She's attractive, smart, athletic, good looking, she's hot, photogenic, she takes pride in her appearance. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I admire her commitment to community service.

Joan of Arc: You don't think dating an old friend would be better? You know, maybe someone that you take for granted?

Abe: Nah, I like Cleo.

Joan of Arc: But, Abe, think about it... like, an old friend that...

Abe: [interrupting her] Nope! Cleo. Only... Cleo.

11 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Huh.  I was unaware of that myself.  But hopefully I will remember that in the future.

However, that seems unrelated to the topic here: indents potentially used for quoting program dialog.  Again, why not use the basic quote function; as in the " button in the banner at the top of this posting box which gives an unattributed quote box like this example from Clone High?:

Because if someone wants to quote your quote from Clone High, they can't just click button at the bottom of your post.