Type keyword(s) to search

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote (2018)

buttercupia
  • Start Topic

Saw this last night. Lovely film. Funny, poignant, weird, very Gilliam.  Jonathan Pryce was astonishing in his portrayal of DQ. Adam Driver gave me the range I wanted after seeing Black KKKlansman. He's a darn good actor.

The plot wove the DQ story, the story of Gilliam's attempt at it, and his typical flights of fantasy together very well. Very much worth seeing.

• Love 3

I didn't think I was going to get a chance to see it because it's not exactly getting wide distribution, but the planets aligned and it showed up where I am.

Completely agree with everything you said.  I'm not a Gilliam fan but Mr. Outlier is, and I tagged along (partly based on reading your post a few weeks ago), and was glad I did.  I thought Adam Driver was splendid.

We saw the documentary when it came out (15 years ago, I just realized!), and would like to see it again to tie everything together.  Oh, and maybe get the Cliffs Notes for Don Quixote because neither of us has ever read it.  But then I'd probably want to see The Man Who Killed Don Quixote again, to tie up new loose ends, and it could end up being a never-ending cycle.