Type keyword(s) to search

Latest: Which Reactions Count Towards Reputation Point Total

Bastet

(edited)

In a locked thread, @SilverStormm said (emphasis mine):

The previous posts on this subject were based on the fact that we're unable to confirm whether non-heart reactions add to popularity and/or reputation points. So this is good info to have, as it confirms that the Laugh reaction does indeed add to the popular post count. As does the 'Useful' reaction I'm told. Unable to confirm whether they also add to reputation at this time though.

If you Sherlock anything else please let us know!

Yes, they add to the reputation total.

If you click on a member's total reputation points (the green number with a plus sign in front of it, below the avatar in the profile), you get a detailed screen showing a breakdown of how many of each type of reaction have been received (smaller numbers are exact, large numbers are rounded).  The total consists of more than just the likes, while adding up all the reactions reaches the total number, so it seems they all count (because of the rounding, it's hard to say for certain, but since none of the reactions are of the "I don't like your post" variety - the only negative reaction is sadness, but since there's no dislike or anger reaction, I think that's more about "you posted something that brought me to tears" than "you posted something so stupid I weep for society's future" - I suspect they all count.

Untitled.png

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

After doing some testing on this: Like, Laugh and Useful reactions add to reputation points but Surprise and Sad do not. As for popular posts I can only confirm that Like, Laugh and Useful count toward a post becoming popular. I'd surmise that Surprise and Sad do not as they appear to be neutral, not positive, reactions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1