Type keyword(s) to search

[Enquiry, ANSWERED] Reputation/Reactions

I was browsing the "My 600-lb Life" forum, "S07.E11: Jeanne's Story" topic this morning, and saw several posts that have well over 26 (or is it 25?) reactions, but aren't pink. 

Is this a glitch, or have the number of reactions a post needs to "go pink" increased?

Screenshots are of a few of the posts from just the first page of posts from that topic.

It almost seems as if it's not counting the "sad" reactions into the total all of a sudden?

Screenshot_20190322-075301.thumb.png.299b67893a438be0a9989612f53d58a2.pngScreenshot_20190322-075206.thumb.png.b70ed222009c57175131ae41c316b32d.pngScreenshot_20190322-075137.thumb.png.5950d6bf3fedea9c6a0c6394a9f63b17.png

Edited by TwirlyGirly

This was a previous question and answer:

Do the new reputation options all count the same towards a poster's reputation score? 

Correct, it all counts the same, there's no negative options.

I'm unclear if that conflicts with another answer:

Liked posts are now outlined in pink and have a heart in the top right corner. Only actual 'Likes' - aka hearts - count towards 'Like' status, all other reactions do not.

Edited by 2727
28 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

The first answer wasn't fully accurate. If I recall correctly, I answered the former on the basis of no reaction deducts from 'like' totals but didn't go on to explain the latter. My bad.

Thanks! Nothing is bad.   :-)

If I'm understanding, all reactions add to a person's reputation, but only the "like" option applies towards the total of 25 to make a comment pink?

Is there any way to disseminate this so everyone will be aware of how the reactions work?

Based on the previous response, I'm sure the majority of members were operating under the belief all reactions count towards reputation.

It's kind of sad, for example, if someone were to write a particularly funny post and get 30 laugh reactions, but no reputation because everyone who reacted thought laughs count. 

To me, the laugh reaction is equal to an "LOL", and obviously if I'm LOLing I like the post, but I can't choose more than one reaction.

Other than the "like", all the other choices are "how this affected me" reactions. Would it be possible to make it so we can both "like" a post (which would count towards reputation) AND choose another reaction which wouldn't count, but simply show how the post affected us?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 2727 said:

Thanks! Nothing is bad.  🙂

If I'm understanding, all reactions add to a person's reputation, but only the "like" option applies towards the total of 25 to make a comment pink?

The only thing we know as an absolute right now is clicking the heart adds to reputation and also counts toward whether a post becomes popular aka is outlined pink etc. Presently, we can't confirm if the other reactions behave the same way.

1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Is there any way to disseminate this so everyone will be aware of how the reactions work?

It can be added to the FAQ area.

1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Other than the "like", all the other choices are "how this affected me" reactions. Would it be possible to make it so we can both "like" a post (which would count towards reputation) AND choose another reaction which wouldn't count, but simply show how the post affected us?

Nope, sorry that's not an option. Look at it this way, if it's important to you to add to whether a post becomes popular or you want to be sure you add to a fellow member's reputation, hit the heart and pretend all other reactions don't exist. Now we know this, all I can say is that at the end of the day, the extra reactions were added as a little fun thing, so we're not going to go deep into their behaviour.

The previous posts on this subject were based on the fact that we're unable to confirm whether non-heart reactions add to popularity and/or reputation points. So this is good info to have, as it confirms that the Laugh reaction does indeed add to the popular post count. As does the 'Useful' reaction I'm told. Unable to confirm whether they also add to reputation at this time though.

If you Sherlock anything else please let us know!

Thanks.