Type keyword(s) to search

A Crime To Remember - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I’ve become completely addicted to this show but seriously is it produced by the cigarette companies? I swear I was going to start a game that I was going to count how many people they showed smoking in each episode. Love the shows though. 

• Love 3
On 1/11/2019 at 8:54 PM, carpedi7 said:

I’ve become completely addicted to this show but seriously is it produced by the cigarette companies? I swear I was going to start a game that I was going to count how many people they showed smoking in each episode. Love the shows though. 

^^I had the same thought last night when I watched a few episodes. 🤣

I watched the first season of this show faithfully when it was new, the rest not quite so faithfully. I've recently cut the cable TV cord (in favor of YouTube TV, which has most of the channels I watch, and saves me serious $$ a month). I also got a free year of Discovery+ when I signed up for Verizon mobile service. My thoughts about Discovery+ (aka "D+") are posted in another topic here, if anybody cares.

So, D+ has a deep stock of shows, and I'm not kidding. Including a load of ID channel shows. I decided to re-watch one of my favorite episodes of this show, "Time Bomb," which was S1:E4. I'd read the book Mainliner Denver about the bombing of Flight 629 in 1955, and I think the episode was well done. The actress who played Daisy, the mother from hell whose psycho son blew up the plane to kill her, was kind of memorable to me.

Then I watched a few episodes from the final season that were new to me. One was "Black Sheep" - S5:E6 - and who should appear in it as the grieving family matriarch? The same actress who was Daisy in Season 1 - Diana Craig. That was weird. 

Another episode I watched last night was "A Woman's Place," S5:E7, which introduced me to a murder case from Denver in 1930 that I don't remember hearing about before. I'm gonna have to read up on that one. 

I thought all the eps I watched were well done, but as noted, the cigarette smoking was intense. 

• Love 3