Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Captain Jack Harkness

Whilst investigating an old, derelict dance hall, Jack and Tosh are transported back to the 1940s, during the Blitz. Owen, Ianto, and Gwen realise, in modern day, that this has happened, and go in search of clues Tosh may have left. Meanwhile, back in the forties, Jack meets a very interesting man. One with the name Captain Jack Harkness...

Tosh: If I stay stuck here, what will happen to me?

Jack: I'll take care of you.

I tried to watch Torchwood about a year ago and gave up after S1:E11. I just restarted today with this episode and really liked it. I thought the whole episode was well done, and I really like getting more of Jack's back story. My only issue was the suspension of disbelief for the ending with the real Captain Jack. While I thought it was really lovely, there's no way that a room full of people from 1941 would just stand there while two men danced and then made out, without saying anything, let alone not beating the shit out of them. Unless the history of homophobia is very different in the UK than the US.

i think the history of homophobia is the same the world over and the Real CJH probably would have been bashed even today, just behind close doors like cowards do. But it was all about "romance" so real world consequences out the window.

I think if i was a huge Jack fan, i might get into the "romance" of this ep but since i'm not. The best thing about this ep was Gwen just did her job. No Drama Queen from Gwen , it was Owen's turn and Ianto shooting Owen LOL

But i didn't like the fight and how Owen got to much in on Ianto. Ianto is not a fighter by nature but we have seen him knock Jack down and headbutt the cannibal, so he seems to know how to when pushed. But this ep was "Owen I am Man hear me roar" So i guess Ianto couldn't be.

But basically this ep comes down to two things , one Ianto isn't no -one and Jack is a waste of space. Sorry Jack fans but for a guy who has just been around TW for so long, his imput into time travel , was nothing.

But it was all about "romance" so real world consequences out the window.

I didn't mind that it was romanticized because it fit with the overall tone of the show at that point in this regard. It's only when the show started claiming the romanticism was all Hub induced and not the real world that I started to eye-roll.