Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Switch

Danny discovers that he's "in like" with a girl, Sabrina, for the first time. To guide Danny, Justin, having had success with Nicki, turns cocky and tries to give him advice on how to act. Meanwhile, Brett and the gang mess with Justin so he becomes more comfortable with Brett's sexuality.

"Barry Potter written by Gay Gay Rowling. Daniel Gay Lewis. Offtin Powerbottom. Alfred Hitchcock, but that's just his name, so that's good..." "That's what friends do."

The way the cast could barely keep it together in the confrontation between Danny and...EVERYBODY else was pretty funny! Leslie, Brett, 'Friend', Shelly, no one could meet his eyes.

I think maybe this show could have found it's way because it's truly an ensemble, and not a showcase. I doubt it will, just because it's being burnt off in the summer. But I hope to see many of these folks back in something else. Not necessarily Chris D'Elia, but the rest of them, definitely...

• Love 1

OK, I'm out. I gave it four chances, but I barely smiled at this last episode. Only Ron Funches brightened it up (thank you, Undateable, for introducing me to Ron Funches!). I don't hate Chris D'Elia, but his violent overacting is wearisome. When he's reined in, he's not bad.

The rest of the cast are just kind of . . . blank. Perfectly talented performers, I'm sure, but none of them manage to rise above the script, which is nothing to write home about.

I saw Funches and a couple of the other guys who are not D'Elia on @Midnight and they were highly amusing, but D'Elia is just not doing it for me.  He has none of the charm nor appeal that Danny is reputed to have.  As much as I like Funches and was looking forward to the rest of the cast based on @Midnight, DDanny/D'Elia is just sucking the potential out of this for me. 

S*N*I*F*F* - Funches....please go to a show I can watch.

Not a great show in my opinion, but amusing enough as a time-filler, and given some time to develop and grow (which it won't get) it could be a pretty decent ensemble comedy. Danny doesn't bother me because the character is supposed to be over the top and full of himself, and this episode showed that he doesn't always know everything or get his way with the ladies. I agree that Shelly is a highlight... love that he never wears anything but Detroit-themed shirts.

Liked this episode better, as it had more fun Shelly in it.

It was a waste of Eva Armurri -- she only had a few lines, she was just there to look pretty.

Don't believe that Nicki and Justin would go from 0 to 100 in a relationship -- Justin may have been pining for Nicki for what seems like forever, but Nicki just found out (plus, he's still her boss).

I just don't see dirtbag Danny being a lady magnet like they seem to keep forcing.  Danny isn't just undateable, he's unlikable on pretty much all levels.  Couldn't stand Chris D'Elia on Whitney either, but at least he wasn't as obnoxious as he is here.  I have watched clips of D'Elia's standup and he needs to reel it in on the number of times he yells 'for real' -- thank goodness he doesn't seem to do that a lot in the show.

• Love 1