Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Three's A Crowd

Justin and Danny's relationship is put to the test when Nicki reveals she has feelings for Danny. Elsewhere, Leslie insults Detroit not realizing how deeply it would affect Shelly.

Okay, I need to see how affected Shelly is...

I can't believe they went there so soon with Justin and Nicki, or how happy it made me when they did. I think it was a smart move, like when NewsRadio put Dave and Lisa together in episode 2. Refreshing that they didn't drag it out.

I just like this show. All the reviews promised the first episodes were the weakest and it progressively got better, and I think that's definitely proving to be the case.

• Love 1

This episode had what more Funches, which is a way good thing. He had some great lines. I liked how they all got together to convince Shelly to get over his upset with Danny's sister over her slam of Detroit. And Danny (who I came in to this primed to hate, and trust me, I still don't like him), well, him helping Nicki and Justin get together.

I didn't really care for mean Shelly (and I really like Ron Funches).

Can't stand Chris D'Elia -- his schtick just seems so forced.

And the laugh track is terrible -- I don't see a live audience laughing at most of these cringeworthy lines.