Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: I Will Remember You

I will remember you

The Good; Love the Oracles to bits, they're just wonderful. Some great fight scenes and pretty much a Bangler's dream come true.

The Bad; If the demon can regenerate and make itself stronger through salt why doesn't it just do that all the time?

Best line: Female Oracle; "I love time, there's so much of it, yet so little"

Apocalypses: 4

Angel Clichés Damsel in distress; nope, 2.

In disguise; 2.

DB get's his shirt off; 3 not only that but SMG licks ice-cream from his chest. Really is a Banglers' dream.

Cordy's tatto;2

Cheap Angel; According to CC he's too tight to hire a cleaning lady

Fang Gang in bondage: Cordy: 5 Angel: 4 

Fang gang knocked out: Cordy: 8 Angel: 7  Doyle; 1

Kills: Cordy: none this ep. 3 vamps, ½ a demon from her time in Sunnydale Angel: 1 demon for Angel. So that gives Angel 8 vamps, 4 demons, 2 humans.

Fang Gang go evil: Cordy: 1 Angel: 1

Alternate Fang Gang: human Angel Cordy: 2 Angel: 5

Characters killed: two plant workers but then the day resets so no one 14

Total number of Angel Investigations: 3, Angel, Doyle and Cordy

Angel Investigations shot: Angel: 5, Packing heat; Doyle; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost: Buffy and Angel for the second time and it goes a whole lot better than the first. Trouble is she'll never remember any of it. Cordy: 1? Angel: 1;Buffy

Kinky dinky: Loads of Buffy/Angel action. Cordy comments that when they get 'all groiny' the world falls apart.

Know the face, different character; 2

Parking garages; 2

Buffy characters appearing in Angel; (unless someone can correct me no original Angel character ever appears on Buffy?) 5; Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy

Questions and observations; Cordy's family used to have a cat as well as her pony. Buffy refers to her (and presumably

Spoiler

Dawn?)

visiting their dad in LA, the last positive reference to Hank Summers we'll ever have. The only time Doyle and Buffy meet. This eps gives us a useful way in which to make vamps human, much used in fanfic as is the reset day. Question is if a non-souled vamp was hit with Mohra demon blood would it be resouled?

Marks out of 10; 6/10, literally an ep that never happened?

I hated the ending of this episode *so much*. The *only* conceivable reason Angel has to tell Buffy what he's done in turning back time is to manipulate the audience's emotions. It makes no sense: why would you want your final memory of the one day you have together to be of your loved on sobbing her heart out? Why would you tell her *at all*, since she's not going to remember it anyway? (Quite apart from, if there was a demon that could rehumanize vampires, why wouldn't the Watchers have discovered it long ago and begun using it to help rid the planet of the scourge?)

5 hours ago, wendyg said:

I hated the ending of this episode *so much*. The *only* conceivable reason Angel has to tell Buffy what he's done in turning back time is to manipulate the audience's emotions. It makes no sense: why would you want your final memory of the one day you have together to be of your loved on sobbing her heart out? Why would you tell her *at all*, since she's not going to remember it anyway? (Quite apart from, if there was a demon that could rehumanize vampires, why wouldn't the Watchers have discovered it long ago and begun using it to help rid the planet of the scourge?)

I figure this is Angel having to do it for his own sake, to convince himself that this is the right thing to do he probably feels its' only fair to her and her reaction proves her love for him.