Type keyword(s) to search

S01. E05: Rm w/a Vu

The Good;

Everything, an emotional roller-coaster for Doyle and Cordy and the introduction of Phantom Dennis. Great performance from Beth Grant, a great actress you can also see in Speed, Six Foot Under, Donnie Darko etc

The Bad;

Bit of a reach that the ghost can do a perfect imitation of Angel's voice, is she the Terminator or something?

Best line:

Cordy (of Angel) "Do you have mousse? Of course you do!"

Jeez, how did they get away with that?

Doyle's hand getting jammed in the drawer, Cordy almost getting hanged, Maude Peirson walling her son up.

Apocalypses: 4

Angel Clichés

Damsel in distress; nope, 2.

Inverting the Hollywood cliché;

In disguise; 1.

DB get's his shirt off; wet, dripping and nearly naked 2

Cordy's tattoo; our first glimpse

Fang Gang in bondage: Cordy almost hung, don't think thats counts Cordy: 5 Angel: 4 

Fang gang knocked out: yep, Cordy Cordy: 8 Angel: 7 Doyle; 1

Kills: Cordy: none this ep. 3 vamps, ? a demon from her time in Sunnydale Angel: 1 demon for Angel. So that gives Angel 8 vamps, 3 demons, 2 humans.

Fang Gang go evil: Cordy: 1 Angel: 1

Alternate Fang Gang: possessed Cordy Cordy: 2 Angel: 3

Characters killed: Dennis and a trio of the flat residents offscreen

Total number of Angel Investigations: 3, Angel, Doyle and Cordy

Angel Investigations shot: loads of gunplay but no Angel: 5,

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost: Cordy: 1? Angel: 1;Buffy

Kinky dinky:

Maude calls Cordy a tramp and streetwalker, good thing they didn't go through with the storyline of Corrupt huh?

Captain Subtext;

Know the face, different character; 1

Parking garages;

Guantanamo bay;

Once again Angel doesn't hesitate to beat his way to the answers

Questions and observations;

Excellent ep with loads of good scenes and some real emotional impact, easily one of the best of season 1. I for one find it heartbreaking that Cordy has only five names in her LA phonebook and 3 are crossed out. Aura, her Sunnydale friend is the girl who finds the corpse in her locker in Welcome to the Hellmouth on Buffy.

Marks out of 10; 8/10

5 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

One of the best early episodes, because it gives much needed screen time to Cordelia. I feel like Cordelia didn't quite get as much screen time in the first two seasons of the show, so I was always happy to see an entire episode devoted to her.

Beth Grant is such an accomplished actor for me, based on her performance in Donnie Darko alone, that I always find it amazing that she's taking on such small bit parts as here or in Six Feet Under.

Angel coming out of the shower, wet, was one of the early highlights of Angel in my teenage years. Today however, I feel indifferent to it. lol

I love how Cordelia references Buffy as a cry-baby. 

Yes, that's right, she's the lady who sees the floating sex dolls and thinks it's the rapture! Plenty of Buffy alumni on SFU, Tom Lenk, Eric Balfour and especially MT who is so great as pop star celeste. Beth Grant also shows up as the old lady on the bus in Speed and the owner of the pizza joint in Sabrina. 

nosleepforme: She takes those parts because they're offered to her and she needs or wants the work. It doesn't matter what you did in the past when you need to pay the rent...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, wendyg said:

nosleepforme: She takes those parts because they're offered to her and she needs or wants the work. It doesn't matter what you did in the past when you need to pay the rent...

And that's probably acting in a nutshell. Dustin Hoffman made The Graduate and went right back on unemployment benefit.