Type keyword(s) to search

Fact vs. Fiction: The Real Life Getty Family

The 12 women named in J. Paul Getty's will

Robina Lund (seen phoning Ronald in S1.E2 for JP1) said she was one of JP1's lovers - She also says she got pregnant twice but miscarried and JP1 proposed to her multiple times but she said no. She wrote a book about him a year after he died. According to this article, she has written a second book that discusses her affair with him.

Obituary of the real Bullimore - He was a butler for 68 years and served Joe Kennedy, JP1, and then JP1's son Gordon

3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Obituary of the real Bullimore - He was a butler for 68 years and served Joe Kennedy, JP1, and then JP1's son Gordon

I just read Bullimore's obituary. OMG, I knew there was a reason this guy is my favorite character on the show:

"A key moment in his career involved a queen and a bicycle.

"I helped Her Majesty Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands to remount her bicycle from which she had fallen, with no damage to her royal chassis," he recalled."  

LOL! Sassy! Plus, he had a pet schnauzer named Nietzsche.  Forget the Gettys. I want a show about Bullimore, witty, sarcastic butler to the rich and famous, and his little dog Nietzsche. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, PipPop said:

Forget the Gettys. I want a show about Bullimore, witty, sarcastic butler to the rich and famous, and his little dog Nietzsche. 

Same here! As soon as he made that crack about the butter, I thought heh, this guy is far more interesting than the rest of these whiners! I'd love to hear him drolly telling Nietzsche about the various Getty drama that he dealt with. at the end of each day.

• Love 3

Anyone know whether Statue Guy existed, or is just something added to help the story along?

I was wondering that as well.  I requested the book 'Painfully rich' (reprinted as 'All the money in the world'--the recent movie was based on it) through my library's interlibrary loan service and plan to pick it up today.  I'm hoping it'll answer some questions.  

• Love 1