Type keyword(s) to search

Acrimony (2018)

JessePinkman
  • Start Topic

Tyler Perry's Acrimony is an 2018 American psychological thriller film produced, written, and directed by Tyler Perry. The film stars Taraji P. Henson, Lyriq Bent, Jazmyn Simon, and Crystle Stewart, and follows a loyal wife who decides to take revenge on her unfaithful husband.

The description is from wikipedia but it's inaccurate. He doesn't cheat on her during their marriage.

This movie was...something else. And I have so many questions.

• Why did she support him for 18 years? Why did he only submit his battery to that one company over 18 YEARS?!
  • When did Diana get into his truck? They never showed us that, we missed a plot point that drove the entire third act of the film.
  • Why would her family risk their business on a dude that they know isn't shit? He has to be on time for every delivery for weeks when he can't even hold down a job? What made them think he was good for that? Why didn't he have a second driver with him to make sure he didn't fuck up?
  • Were we supposed to think Robert was right to waste his wife's money and for her to mortgage her house because ultimately by happenstance he sold his battery?
  • Why was the green screen SO BAD? Apparently the movie was supposed to be set in Pittsburgh but shot in Atlanta...why not just set it in Atlanta?
  • Why did they make Taraji wear those contacts? I know the younger version of her character has naturally green/grey eyes but make HER wear brown contacts, not your star! She looked like a lizard person.
  • Was the ending supposed to be hilarious? So Taraji goes out and buys her curly hair lace front to confront her husband and his new wife. How did she get on their yacht? How did she fit into Diana's wedding dress? That actress is like a 00. How did the crew emerge from the water completely dry after she made them all jump in?
  • If Robert loved Melinda soooo much why didn't he immediately get back together with her once he had the money? He didn't even try.
  • He gave you 10 million dollars. Get therapy and new dick, you nutter.

I have to say it was a fun viewing experience though, probably 30 minutes too long but the audience was into it and got how fucking ridiculous all of it was.

• Love 1
On 4/2/2018 at 8:14 AM, JessePinkman said:

The description is from wikipedia but it's inaccurate. He doesn't cheat on her during their marriage.

This movie was...something else. And I have so many questions.

• Why did she support him for 18 years? Why did he only submit his battery to that one company over 18 YEARS?!
  • When did Diana get into his truck? They never showed us that, we missed a plot point that drove the entire third act of the film.
  • Why would her family risk their business on a dude that they know isn't shit? He has to be on time for every delivery for weeks when he can't even hold down a job? What made them think he was good for that? Why didn't he have a second driver with him to make sure he didn't fuck up?
  • Were we supposed to think Robert was right to waste his wife's money and for her to mortgage her house because ultimately by happenstance he sold his battery?
  • Why was the green screen SO BAD? Apparently the movie was supposed to be set in Pittsburgh but shot in Atlanta...why not just set it in Atlanta?
  • Why did they make Taraji wear those contacts? I know the younger version of her character has naturally green/grey eyes but make HER wear brown contacts, not your star! She looked like a lizard person.
  • Was the ending supposed to be hilarious? So Taraji goes out and buys her curly hair lace front to confront her husband and his new wife. How did she get on their yacht? How did she fit into Diana's wedding dress? That actress is like a 00. How did the crew emerge from the water completely dry after she made them all jump in?
  • If Robert loved Melinda soooo much why didn't he immediately get back together with her once he had the money? He didn't even try.
  • He gave you 10 million dollars. Get therapy and new dick, you nutter.

I have to say it was a fun viewing experience though, probably 30 minutes too long but the audience was into it and got how fucking ridiculous all of it was.

Ok just came back from seeing it. I have so many mixed emotions but your list nails most of my thoughts. I actually found it hard to watch. There were parts where I cringed at the absurdity of it all. Yet, we here about these stories all the time. Woman supports no good man for years or puts man through med school, and boom! He gets his come up and leaves for another woman. I guess at least she was a sista. Yes? This movie brought out so many feelings. Although there are plot holes, such as you mentioned, he did a painstakingly through job of showing the start of the relationship and the struggle. Did she never graduate?