Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E20: The Boy Who Knew Her Secret (Parts I and II)

NOTE: This was originally broadcast in 2 parts, S3 E20 & 21, on May 28 and 29, 1979.

• Diana Prince investigating a strange alien force in a small suburban community, is seen whirling into Wonder Woman by a young boy.
  • With a boy knowing that she is really Wonder Woman, Diana Prince continues her battle against a mysterious alien invasion.

Crystal Lake, and nary a goalie mask in sight!  Body snatchers and shape shifters from outer space... they really went for the science fiction plots in the later years, didn't they?  And the S3 theme music did indeed suck out loud, particularly in comparison to the original.  Perhaps we're fortunate that it didn't get a fourth season pickup (and the move to LA barely happened).

I tried to put myself in the mindset of TV watchers back then... would anyone have been fooled into thinking that West Coast Cam was the real Cam, after we knew there was a shapeshifter afoot who knew the whole plan?  I thought it was obvious, myself, just by the way it was presented.

Finally, I noticed two blasts from the past in the credits: Lyle Waggoner's wardrobe was thoughtfully provided by Botany 500, and some of the cars were courtesy of the American Motors Corporation.

Mark Hamill had been in a car accident that damaged his face just before Star Wars came out. He later asked George Lucas what would have done if he had died and Lucas said he would have had to kill off Luke Skywalker and found someone else for the sequel. He could have hired the kid in these WW episodes to replace him!