Type keyword(s) to search

Unspoiled Season 8 Speculation

• Start Topic

It is difficult to say, because the current GoT is a very different animal to the GoT of the first 4/5 seasons. 

If it were early GoT, I would have expected all tropes and expectations to have been subverted and for the finale to defy prediction. With The GoT of the most recent season, I expect tropes to be followed and the show-runners/ writers to be malleable to fan-service. I would much prefer the former ending, but I fear we will get the latter. 

At this stage, and given this season, my perfect ending would be to see the Night King on the Iron Throne and the rest of the cast as zombies, alas this is unlikely.

The uninventive final season

I truly hope that the writers employ a little more inventiveness than the following: -

• Jaime warns the north of Cersei's betrayal, and the Lanister's are defeated or de-fanged. 
  • The battle against the white-walkers begins, somehow Bran must sacrifice himself to defeat the Night King. 
  • Euron is defeated by a reunited Theon and Yara. 
  • Jaime returns to King's Landing and kills Cersei, completing his redemption. 
  • Daenerys is queen of the south and Jon is king of the north or Daenerys/ Jon rule the south and Sansa, the north. 

This would be a truly disappointing ending. 

The slightly more interesting final season

My hopes (but not expectations):

• Varys is tried and beheaded as a traitor (it would explain a lot of the plot holes in this season). 
  • Both Jon and Daenerys die and a lot of the rest of the cast are decimated in the battle of the north.
  • Jaime returns to King's Landing and kills Cersei, after warning the north of Cersei's betrayal, thus completing his redemption (I know these are obvious plot points, but I think they are necessary for this character's arc). Jaime is killed by The Mountain who is killed by his brother or Bronn? I prefer Bronn.  
  • Bran is intrinsically linked with the Night King and must be killed by Arya in order to defeat the white-walkers. 
  • Sansa ends up on the throne in the south with Tyrion as her hand. 
  • Arya ends up on the throne in the north. 

They are my thoughts. 

Edited by Pindrop

Hmm. I think Theon is going to sacrifice himself to save Yara. Not sure who will kill Euron, but I'd love it if Yara were able to get revenge for herself, like Sansa with Ramsay. That would be a nice parallel, actually. Brother risks life to save her (with different outcomes, however), and then sis gets revenge on her abuser and finishes him off by using one of his own creations/strengths/weapons against him. Not sure what would be analogous with Ramsay's dogs for Euron.

It seems pretty anvilly obvious that Daenerys will get pregnant. It would be nice for that to result in a happily-ever-after for Jon and family, but it probably won't.

So, can Beric Dondarrion somehow "revive" or save the dragon in the clutches of the Night King? Or will it be a flaming sacrifice to the Red God in the final battle between the living and the dead?

I'd like to see Sansa as the Wardeness of the North. Jon/Daenerys/baby Targaryen can rule in the South. Yara can have the West. Arya can be a wandering explorer. I'd like to see a spinoff of the Adventures of Arya, but I'm positive it won't happen.

I'm totally unsure what will happen to Jaime, or what I want to happen. On the one hand, I think he doesn't deserve a happy ending, but there's just enough grey in him to think they might go there. If he can redeem himself enough to make Brienne happy, I'd accept it. I don't see anything but unrequited feelings between her and Tormund, though. Sorry, bud.

Edited by riley702

We haven't seen the payoff of Melisandre telling Arya that they would meet again. Will Arya kill her in Westeros, since she (Melisandre) told Varys they would both die in Westeros?

Edited by riley702