Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: Hijinks in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building

maraleia
  • Start Topic

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's first two seasons. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

I just watched the first season, and will make my way through the other 3 pretty quickly, I think.  I have a couple of questions about back-story though:

• Is it ever made clear why the current president chose Selina as his running mate?  What office(s) did she hold prior to VP?
  • Is she divorced or widowed?

Thanks!

Divorced from Katherine's father. I'm not sure they ever do say why she was picked. Though if you look at the opening credits you can see that it looks like she was a front-runner for the nomination and then she didn't get it so the Nominee picked her for Veep. That's my take anyway. :D

Aha! I finally thought to check for a wiki! :D

Julia Louis-Dreyfus as President (previously Vice President) Selina Meyer: a former Maryland Senator and one-time presidential candidate. She often feels powerless, disregarded and discontented in her position as second in command. During her tenure as Vice President, her relationship with the President is portrayed as a strained one. Meyer's party affiliation is revealed in "Election Night" as Democratic. She is divorced with one daughter, but remains romantically entangled with her ex-husband

• Love 1