Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Files in the Birthday Cakes

The Small Talk topic is for:
•    Introductions
•    Off-topic chatter
•    Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
1    Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
2    Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
3    If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):
•    Character topics
•    Episode topics
•    Season topics
•    Spoiler topics
•    Speculation topics
•    In the Media topics
•    Favourite X topics
•    ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

David Sweat has a girlfriend. She moved from Long Island to upstate NY to be near him. She has a young daughter. She visits him often. They were in the news last March. They are planning to be married. 

In a way, I am glad he has somebody supportive now in his life. He is in solitary, and I am sure her visits will change his entire life going forward. Prison IS the punishment, why should being there be unbearable? 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 1

Has anyone seen the 1984 movie Mrs Soffel with Diane Keaton and Mel Gibson?

I'm wondering how it compares with this show because I'm re-reading Dominick Dunne's essays in Fatal Charms: And Other Tales of Today. (1986)

Dunne writes that Keaton says the movie is "a big love story," based on a true event that took place in Pittsburgh in 1901. "Keaton, who plays the wife of a prison warden, gives an extraordinary and disturbing performance as a fervently religious woman who falls madly, hopelessly in love with a condemned bank robber so handsome that women wait outside the prison to send gifts in to him by the guards. Without thought of consequence, she helps the outlaw and his brother to escape and then willingly forsakes husband, (four) children and reputation to accompany the pair on an ill-fated, three-day race with death. The part is shocking and fascinating and a risky one for a star. Who would care about a woman who does what Mrs Soffel does? As Diane Keaton plays the part, you may not approve but you do understand."