Type keyword(s) to search

Dinner Guests

• Start Topic

If you were hosting a dinner party at your home, and you could invite 4 characters from the West Wing, who would they be and why? (it would have to be 2 main characters - CJ, Bartlet, Sam, Josh, Leo, Charlie, Donna, Toby... and perhaps Will - and 2 supports. So not 4 senior staff, for example)

In my case, I would invite:-

Leo - primarily because he is an easy conversationalist with a broad subject-matter, a few tales to tell, a cautious sense of humour, and he knows how to weave a good story (his confession to Jordon Kendall of his alcoholism, is just so vivid!)

CJ - because she has a great sense of humour, probably has lots of press-gaggle stories/gossip to tell; has a very reassuring presence, is a little outspoken on certain issues, but seems fairly unhinged - just don't mention the Census!

Ainsley Hayes - She's a spunky, demure, quick-witted, dry, a little naive but endearing with it. Her dinner party conversation might be a bit awkward given her bitty iambic pentameter. But am sure she will get on fine with my other guests.

Sheila Brooks - Close friend and political adviser to Arnie Vinick. Very shrewd, quiet Conservative. Admits when she knows she's a liability and subsequently makes way; easy on the eye, a good talker, and is not brash, loud or annoying.  

I'd recreate the "get drunk with the First Lady" evening, only replace Donna with Nancy.  So, C.J., Abbey, Amy, and Nancy.  And old-school salon.  (And, yeah, that's one main character and three secondaries, instead of two and two, but it's my fictional party, so that's the guest list.) 

• Love 2