Type keyword(s) to search

S03: Jon: Walk the Walk

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

From the A&E site:

Jon

Jon started in law enforcement at the age of 21 because he wanted to help people and serve his country. In 2001, he spent one year working as a Deputy Sheriff of Jail Operations in Kansas. Then he worked for the Department of Justice as a U.S. Marshal and a Detention Enforcement Officer for the Immigration and Naturalization service for 4 years. He also served in the US Army and Kansas Army National Guard for nine years as a Medic and an Officer. After being discharged, Jon continued to work in the healthcare field first at a nearby hospital and then at a trauma center.

Jon is a veteran and former law enforcement agent who became disenchanted with the system and now wants to dedicate his professional life to civil-rights activism. With his new MBA which he earned last year, Jon plans on starting a nonprofit organization in his conservative town. He wants to “walk the walk” and put his words into action, starting by living among a population he once put behind bars but now wants to serve.

The Colonel is excited to have someone with Jon’s extensive background in law enforcement enter his facility and offer a thorough assessment of The Fulton County Jail.

In the preview for next week, he goes off on DeShaun over some argument about a cookie. I think Jon has the wrong personality for this program, tbh, he's too introverted and irritable. He's easily annoyed and drained by people, which is not a good trait to have when you have to deal with being locked in a pod with all these people you can't escape from. 

So, they aired two Where Are They Now’s. One for each wave of participants in Fulton County. The segment with Jon and Deshaun broke my heart. I really like Deshaun. I wish he had a better life. This episode also reminded me how much i actually liked Jon too 

• Love 1