Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Musa Qala

paigow

Bob Lee reaches out to Nadine as he evades his pursuers, putting her on to the cop who took credit for his capture.

Isaac juggles his double life as he tries to find Bob Lee.

Edited by paigow

Wow.  No comments?  I just watched this tonight.  I never saw the movie so I don't know exactly what to expect (or even if they're following the movie).  I like it well enough but not enough to watch it live.  I usually dvr it and watch it later.  Where have I seen the actress that plays Nadine.  I think she's really good.  Does Isaac know that they didn't really kill Bob Lee?

• Love 1

The show is sufficiently different from the movie (and book) that I am enjoying watching it.  

Not too pleased that they chose to replace Nick the inept-bumbling-newbie agent with Nadine the paragon-of-ability agent.  But they couldn't have a woman "in a man's job" and not have her very good at it, right?.   And besides, there is inevitably going to be amour, isn't there?  And just as inevitably, I'm just going to hate it.  Because Swagger has a perfectly serviceable wife, and if the writers harm her just so he can poke Memphis, I'll be annoyed enough to get a rifle and do some shootin' myself!

• Love 3

Oh my gosh, Arrow!  I really feel stupid now.

I don't get any vibes that there's going to be a romance between Nadine and Bob Lee.  That never even occurred to me, and it would be the end of my watching the show, so they better not go there.

• Love 2

I'm really liking the show, it's really jelling in these last two episodes.

I love his wife.  She's strong, passionate, knows her husband and she trusts in him.  She knows who he is and doesn't shy away from that.  That's incredibly rare on television -- well, in any fiction, to be honest. She's very loyal to Bob Lee, but she doesn't put her loyalty to him over the immediate safety of her family. I also like the fact that she doesn't understand the importance of Musa Qala. 

I also love Memphis.  She's cool under pressure but not overly confident.  She's sticks with the FBI until the preponderance of the evidence says not to -- or at least until she meets Bob Lee in person and it's gets harder to ignore all the little bits that don't add up.  And she's going to have to watch her back because Isaac certainly knows that Bob Lee isn't dead, he if he suspects that she 

It's rare for a show to have two female characters I like.  I think it would completely undermine Bob Lee's character if he would hook up with Memphis, he clearly loves his wife and his little girl.  I'm really hoping this show is above such a cheap trope.

I also love that Bob Lee is good -- very good -- at what he's doing but that he's not perfect.  It was the guy at the VA who thought of changing the ID number on Bob Lee's record.  Plus, while it's clear that he has a lot of personal trust with the people he goes to for help, they don't all just turn a blind eye to what is going on.  It took a lot for the VA guy to help him and then you could see that it was a hard decision.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode.  I'm hoping that it will give insight into Isaac's motives for picking Bob Lee as the fall guy.  Isaac was setting Bob Lee up to die and that isn't an easy thing to do to someone you know, harder even when that person saved your life. There has to be a personal reason for doing that.  Especially considering how dangerous Bob Lee is.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Partly said:

I think it would completely undermine Bob Lee's character if he would hook up with Memphis, he clearly loves his wife and his little girl.  I'm really hoping this show is above such a cheap trope.

I absolutely agree.  Let's hope TPTB aren't idiots.

1 hour ago, Partly said:

Isaac was setting Bob Lee up to die and that isn't an easy thing to do to someone you know, harder even when that person saved your life.

I believe he needed someone who was a believable fall-guy.  Someone whose record and observable talents would make the fiction palatable enough for the authorities to swallow.  There wouldn't be that many people capable of doing the deed, and most of these wouldn't be susceptible to Isaac's appeal for assistance in thwarting the assassin.  

• Love 1
On 12/3/2016 at 11:16 PM, Netfoot said:

The show is sufficiently different from the movie (and book) that I am enjoying watching it.  

Not too pleased that they chose to replace Nick the inept-bumbling-newbie agent with Nadine the paragon-of-ability agent.  But they couldn't have a woman "in a man's job" and not have her very good at it, right?.   And besides, there is inevitably going to be amour, isn't there?  And just as inevitably, I'm just going to hate it.  Because Swagger has a perfectly serviceable wife, and if the writers harm her just so he can poke Memphis, I'll be annoyed enough to get a rifle and do some shootin' myself!

Nadine is kind of bumbling, no? Maybe its more subtle in the show versus the movie, but she's made a lot of rookie mistakes.

BTW don't hate me but Swagger and Memphis have chemistry. I liked their scenes together in 1x03 and 1x04.

• Love 2