Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E10: Week 5

Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman invite you to join them for another evening of glitter and glamour as the 11 remaining couples hit the dance floor for a ballroom battle to stay in the show. Voting lines will open at the end of the programme. Once the judges' scores have been added to viewer votes, the two lowest-scoring couples will perform again in the dance-off in the results show.

It's confirmed that Brendan will sit things out this evening and Gorka will dance B's choreo with Anastacia. I wish Brendan a speedy recovery, but am looking forward to a little more Gorka and the chance to see a different dynamic.  Unfortunately, I think this week could be the end of the road for her, even if she has a good night.  It's difficult to see who else would go before her if they land in the dance off.

8 hours ago, ceebee said:

It's confirmed that Brendan will sit things out this evening and Gorka will dance B's choreo with Anastacia. I wish Brendan a speedy recovery, but am looking forward to a little more Gorka and the chance to see a different dynamic.  Unfortunately, I think this week could be the end of the road for her, even if she has a good night.  It's difficult to see who else would go before her if they land in the dance off.

Ed Balls would, assuming that he's in the dance-off this week.  I also can't see Lesley Joseph outlasting her in the dance-off, even though Lesley is a much better dancer than Ed is.

Edited by legaleagle53
35 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Ed Balls would, assuming that he's in the dance-off this week.  I also can't see Lesley Joseph outlasting her in the dance-off, even though Lesley is a much better dancer than Ed is.

Yes, I guess she would survive against Ed.  However,  I think he's too popular to end up there for the moment.  I'm less sure Anastasia would survive against Lesley in a DO.  I think Lesley's been a better dancer and performer thus far.

Laura has withdrawn from tonight's show owing to an ankle injury and receives a bye for this week.  I could have imagined her in the DO this week (just because she doesn't seem to be capturing viewers' imaginations), but her absence leaves the door open, so I may be wrong about Ed after all!

Half the pro dancers have lurgy.  This series seems to be unlucky...

Edited by ceebee

Well, Anastacia danced really well. Light on her feet and lovely and frothy (though gappy and not great posture), so maybe she can avoid the bottom 2 after all.  I liked her with the lovely Gorka, too.

Lesley was disappointing and Greg was poor, so perhaps they'll be in the DO.  Ed's was a dance of two halves and the judges were harsh with their scores, so I guess he must be in danger.  Judge Rinder, too, I suppose, though I hope not.

Daisy is lovely, but I do think the judges overmark her.  Louise is always good, but never great.  I wish she could let loose.  Danny's rumba was decent, but he had floppy, flappy arms and I thought the routine much too staccato.  Ore's waltz was nice, but overrated, I think.  Claudia's samba didn't really come off, but she makes me smile.  

Anastacia/Gorka - A fun dance - what a refreshing sight in this funeral dirge of a series! I'm sorry Brendan had to miss this but she and Gorka were also good partners. Anastacia got so much fan backlash over the "bye," and then her rumba (which I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would) got her in the bottom 2, so I hope this makes her happier and means she won't be leaving Strictly with bad memories. I enjoyed so much about this, from the choreography to the playfulness to the energy. A real tonic.

Claudia/AJ - Who decided to give them the same music to the same dance Matt Baker and Aliona had? The comparisons are not flattering. This is one of the worst-choreographed routines in Strictly history. Why do they have to dance around a huge-ass disco ball? Is this Can't Stop the Music? Poor Claudia looks confused over and over again in this, and who can blame her? AJ did such a good charleston for her and this is just crap.

Danny/Oti - The sweet moment at the end surprised me because otherwise they still lack chemistry. Maybe it's improving? Nice fluidity, but the flyaway arms were distracting and the wardrobe department's bizarre choice to put her in a flaming red dress complete with flaming red pants meant I spent half the rumba seeing her do her own version of the old "HMV" moves. 

Ore/Joanne - He looked terrified at random points, he seemed confused, his posture was poor, and he and Joanne continue to have no real connection I can see. As always with the judges and production, the more they push him and ignore his flaws, the more it will likely hurt him with viewers in the long run. 

Lesley/Anton - Poor Lesley looked like she was run through a hedge backwards. And Anton seemed to have wandered out of Caddyshack. This just was not good. My biggest disappointment of the evening. 

Rinder/Oksana - Why does he always dance with his mouth open? He looks like Sam Dingle in Emmerdale. His trousers were too tight and made it look like he had a wedgie. He has a lot of potential but it's never going to be met, so there's no point for me in caring. 

Ed/Katya - This was like something out of Waiting for Guffman, only not funny. Yikes. He and Rinder make me very uncomfortable when I watch them. 

Daisy/Aljaz - Same old same old with Daisy. Awkward, and zero connection with Aljaz. She "smiled" like her appendix would burst at any moment. She tried, but sadly that's all it was. The only thing I remember of this is when she tried to do some hula hoop moves and instead did what amounted to a pelvic thrust from one of those "grandparents embarrassing moments" movies with Robert de Niro. 

Kevin/Louise - They actually had chemistry, which makes them very, very rare with this cast. Unfortunately the choreography was lazy and she seemed half-dead, especially with the fixed smile on her face. 

Greg/Natalie - I like Greg but that was abysmal. He's hot and he and Natalie are a good team but even with that I think he might be in real danger soon. Frankly at this point it may be a mercy.