Type keyword(s) to search

Shovel Ready by Adam Sternbergh

radishcake
  • Start Topic

Ooh Dark City. That was a fantastic movie. Good tone. OK, I'll be reading it today so I'll pop back over after I'm done.

OT: Aw now I'm remembering that PSH was in Dark City and I'm sad but also wowed that he was in SO many different things.

@Dave I would revise and say it's like the love child of Robert Parker, William Gibson, & Andrew Vachass.

I really liked the non-linear reveals. It was nice that Adam gave us credit for keeping up with his plotting. Great voice for the main character and I already want to see a movie of this though the gore level might be too high. I'm already casting it in my head!

Yep I did see that. I hope they would not have Denzel in the lead. I'd like to see someone younger in the role.

I'd like to know how the New York felt for those who have lived there. The slow exodus of the city felt like it could really happen. I live in a big city whose nucleus has fallen apart so there are these almost ripple effects of where the money has moved here. It's a more realistic version of an apocalypse, the slow dying off of the mammoth cities.

It's a stark contrast with Super Sad True Love Story and the near future it supposes. (Another book I started today)