Type keyword(s) to search

TyR3lL.WeLl3ck: Missing Man

Milaxx
  • Start Topic

Character thread for Tyrell. He and his wife Joanna have a BSDM relationship. He will do anything to please her.

I have a crackpot theory about Tyrell that may or may not explain his role in all of this. I am not one who believes that he another alter for Elliot. I think he's a Whiterose plant or pawn in this power struggle between Whiterose and Price. I think he was lead to believe he was to get in with Ecorp and work his way up to help bring them down. It's why Price and Knowles took such great pleasure in not giving him the CTO position, but also later on firing him. Meanwhile White rose was working with Mr.Robot for the real take down of Ecorp. Thanks to Angela and fsociety there is no evidence of Elliot's part in hacking Ecorp, so in the end Price thinks he knows who is responsible when Tyrell goes missing.  

• Love 1

I've theorised something similar. Only Tyrell is not meant to bring down Ecorp, but take them over. 

Remember the scene where government officials wanted Price to resign? Well Tyrell was supposed to get the CTO position so that when Price is forced out due to 5/9, Tyrell becomes the head of Ecorp. This is Whiterose's plan and why she's working with Elliot. She wants control of Ecorp and phase two is getting her plant Tyrell to the top.

It was Mr Robot who encouraged Elliot to frame Colby, which then left the CTO position vacant for Tyrell. I think the show misdirected the audience with the idea of revenge for Elliot's father dying, when fsociety's real primary goal was getting Tyrell to CTO. 

This would explain Tyrell and Mr Robot's allies conversation. And also Tyrell's job offer to Elliot. "You know, Evil corp has just named me interim CTO, it won't be long until it's official. I will be the youngest CTO this company has ever seen. I should track down these hackers out there just to thank them." 

I also think the show draws similarities between Tyrell and Price. They've both commented on wanting to be god-like. The Congo scene in Price's office was very marked. I expect Tyrell to be sitting in that chair at some point.

Edited by greenbean
23 minutes ago, greenbean said:

It was Mr Robot who encouraged Elliot to frame Colby, which then left the CTO position vacant for Tyrell. I think the show misdirected the audience with the idea of revenge for Elliot's father dying, when fsociety's real primary goal was getting Tyrell to CTO. 

Based on what we saw, Mr. Robot 'took over' Elliott's body in creating fsociety, but I don't think it was originally intended to make Tyrell CTO.  Darlene wouldn't care one whit about Tyrell, she went along with the plan to bring down Ecorp because of her dad.  Elliott, who prior to episode 1, apparently didn't know about fsociety, that was always his Mr. Robot personality.  Elliott chose to frame Colby because he saw what an asshole Colby was, especially to Angela.  Now Mr. Robot may have wanted that to happen because he had somehow met Tyrell and they worked together (which could still mean Tyrell was 'in place' for the DA/WR) beforehand.  But I don't think that was Mr. Robot's/Elliott's original goal.

I think that Tyrell, if he's alive, would now have difficulties assuming the CEO spot of Ecorp given that the whole world thinks Tyrell is behind fsociety and 5/9.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

Based on what we saw, Mr. Robot 'took over' Elliott's body in creating fsociety, but I don't think it was originally intended to make Tyrell CTO.

I don't mean it was their overall primary goal, but between revenge and making Tyrell CTO, the latter was fsociety's main goal. They primarily framed Colby to get Tyrell to CTO, not as revenge. For sure Darlene may have been thinking about revenge, but she's not privy to the whole plan just as the others aren't, they all have their own motivations. I see fsociety as Mr Robot's creation, so really, his motives are the ones that matter.

So I think he bargained with Whiterose to get rid of Colby in exchange for DA taking down Ecorp's Chinese server. That may have been the hold up. DA/Whiterose wouldn't go ahead with 5/9 before Tyrell secured the CTO position. In the end, because Ecorp were multiplying their servers, they were forced to go ahead anyway otherwise miss the window.

Elliot used the Angela incident to rationalise Colby's framing, but really, we see fsociety already framing Colby before Elliot even joined. So it must have been something Mr Robot/Elliot already planned. 

Joanna kept referring in season 1 to how Tyrell had better get things done or he could be out of "the family."  She did that regards him landing the CTO position and to him cleaning up after his accidental and/or out of control straggling of Knowles' wife.  I always took "the family" to refer to a group of people with an agenda.  Sure never sounded like a biological family to me.

So it could be the Dark Army or maybe a third party who will come into the mix soon.

How Mr Robot knew Tyrell before the meeting in the black SUV is probably the key piece to the puzzle.  That and where Tyrell has been for the last 3 months.  Cause no way no how is he dead.  The fact Mr Robot wants Elliot to believe that is probably a clue but I am clueless about said clue, heh.

That and the scene in the second episode of the whole show where Tyrell offers Elliot at job at Evil Corp and when Elliot turns him down he looks almost wistfully sad.

No spoilers at all.  Just a total guess.  I wouldn't be surprised if this season ends with the words "Bon soir, Elliot," then cut to black.

• Love 1

My guess is that Tyrell was set up to believe he was the one to take over Ecorp, but in actuality that was just a smokescreen by White Rose. It allowed Price and Knowles to think they had caught Whiterose at her own game while the real person [Elliot/Mr.Robot] she wanted to take over did just that. Tyrell was little more than a slight of hand diversionary tactic. I think the scene in first season [forget which ep] where Tyrell talks about "this tech guy" being the one who hacked them is when he begins to realize he was duped. Meanwhile Price and Knowles think they have outsmarted Whiterose, when they really haven't.

• Love 1